DEPARTMENT: MONITORING, EVALUATION,ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING
REPORTS TO: MEAL COORDINATOR & FIELD PROGRAM AREA OFFICE COORDINATOR
PLACE OF WORK: MOGADISHU
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Quality Monitoring
- Support project team design a monitoring framework/plans to report activities according to appropriate framework(s)
- Develop Indicator Performance Tracking Tables (IPTTs) for specific projects in coordination with Regional Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability Coordinator and program staff
- Assist Mercy USA in the identification of potential implementation problems and bottlenecks, articulates these and ensuring institutional knowledge continues to be strengthened.
- Compile the output tracker report and share them with your line managers
- Systemically check the IPTT data for quality, accuracy, and consistency and undertake data quality checks field visits and provide feedback to project staffs as necessary
- Assist strengthened process monitoring with timely quality M&E data and reports
- Plan, prepare, organize and conduct monitoring and evaluation activities for all projects.
- Produce quality field monitoring reports on quality of service provision
- Assist in designing and implementing qualitative and quantitative assessments as appropriate
- Prepare and train staff, enumerators, primary stakeholders and implementing partners, as necessary, on MEAL concepts skills and tools.
- Pay site visits in Somalia and Kenya to monitor project activities and verify the quality and accuracy of data, assess the means of verification at the site and field office levels, and provide capacity building/coaching of field level staff on data management and reporting
- Prepare and share monthly/quarterly MEAL statistics.
- Conduct quarterly program data assessment
- Conduct data entries and validation on the integrated health, nutrition, WASH, Livelihood, Education and food security programme database management information system (DMIS)
- Assist provision of timely inputs for corporate and donor reporting
- Extract and validate health/nutrition data/report from DHIS2 and from other applications.
Evaluations and Studies
- Participate the development of tools and guidelines for data collection, collation analysis and reporting for internally-conducted studies and needs assessment
- Provide support to internal/external reviews, evaluations, and lessons learned exercises
- Manage the specialized data management and analysis platforms
- Build the capacity of the fieldworkers and other project staffs on digital data collection and management
- Support Mercy-USA programme research in others regions in Somalia
Accountability and Learning
- Ensure that accountability to beneficiaries and transparency become integral part of all program interventions
- Receive and register complaints and their responses in complaint database in the assigned area and make sure that complaints are logged in a professional and timely manner
- Respond and communicate with the beneficiaries in a dignified manner regarding their complaints/feedback
- Keep regular follow up of complaints, update complaint database on daily basis, handle them as per the accountability guidelines and shares the information with the relevant staff members
- Provide support in ensuring that all Mercy-USA, EA/Kenya interventions have accountability panaflexes/banners
- Maintain an action plan tracker and keep a regular follow up on actions and resolutions agreed, and undertake verification visits
- Representing the principles and work of Mercy-USA. EA to donors, United Nations, NGOs and INGOs, government, media and other stakeholders when required; Complying with and promoting all Mercy-USA for Aid and Development Global policies such as Child Safeguarding, Whistle blowing, Fraud, and Health and Safety; Any other tasks of an equivalent nature as assigned by the line manager
- First degree in social and development studies or any other relevant areas
- Minimum three years’ practical experience in M&E system coordination/implementation in an international non-governmental organization or other international relief/development body; or Master’s degree with humanitarian program experience.
- Demonstrate track-record in data tracking and evaluation, with the ability to support staff and partners on M&E methodology and analyze and disseminate information to a range of stakeholder audiences;
- Background of implementing effective M&E systems and/or accountability mechanisms in emergency responses.
- Any training in M&E and/or MEL will be added advantage
Work related skills
- Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office Suit Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint;
- Any working knowledge of data/statistical programmes e.g. SPSS, Epiinfo, ONA and ENA
- Any practical working experience in using digital data collection application e.g. KOBO, ODK and SurveyCTO
- Aggressive and Result Oriented
- Perform tasks without direct supervision
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English, with experience working in multicultural and multi-location
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments;
- Team Player
- Ability to work under pressure
How to apply
Mercy-USA for Aid and Development is dedicated to alleviating human suffering and supporting individuals and their communities in their efforts to become more self-sufficient. Incorporated in the State of Michigan in 1988, Mercy-USA’s projects focus on improving health, nutrition and access to safe water, as well as promoting economic and educational growth around the world.
Any interested candidate can send a CV and cover letter to the following email address: email@example.com
The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with the deadline to apply 23rd July 2021.
What we stand for: – Mercy USA for Aid and Development is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation. We strongly condemn all form of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organization, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature. Efforts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting and ease response.
Mercy USA for Aid and Development does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, race, or persons with disabilities.