Idmibok International is a 360° systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervening in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development related issues. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities – such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
This is a consultancy for a proposal the organization is working on. The consultant will provide medical refresher training to field staff in all medical procedures and theory as directed in medical Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and relevant protocols. The training will be conducted in Adamawa state. The training location could change depending on security or administrative situations.
- Attend online briefs with supervisory staff
- Prepare lesson notes, PowerPoint presentations, practical exercises, and assessments.
- Development of a work plan for training
- Provide refresher training in line with standards set in HDP’s medical support to mine action SOP.
- Facilitate theory and practical lessons in the classroom and outdoors as appropriate.
- Assess/advise on HDP’s Nigeria’s material medical capacity including Emergency Trauma Kits and vehicles, and medical equipment spares lists (including organization/distribution of the medical equipment to the teams).
- Prepare reports that will provide an understanding of the review context and objectives as well as a review framework.
- MBBS Degree from a recognized University
- At least 5 years experience in the humanitarian sector with significant experience in medical and first aid response training
- Possession of Medical and Trauma certifications (ITLS and ACLS certifications or higher equivalent)
- Prior experience in providing medical training on first aid response in conflict and humanitarian settings
- Previous experience in training Humanitarian Mine Action officers or training of military /police /Civil Defence / Red Cross & Red Crescent staff preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and presentation skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with quality products
- Proficiency in English is required.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following documents below to: email@example.com with the Job Title as the subject of mail; e.g “Medical Trainer”.
- Cover letter (addressing previous related work, including 2 reference contacts, stating name, position, email, organization, address, telephone, and relationship)
- Passport photograph
- 3 written reports on previously conducted medical and trauma training.