Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern Africa; Southern Africa; West Africa; and the Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade system and provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods. The FTA Board directs policy and strategic development of the organization.
FAIRTRADE AFRICA PURPOSE
To improve the socio-economic conditions of African producers through increased access to better trading conditions.
ABOUT THE JOB
To act as a point of contact for all members and prospective members, providing timely assistance and co-ordinate all administration relating to the admissions process.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee membership applications and undertake all aspects of data entry relating to members in accordance with the agreed data for collection requirements.
- Conduct key membership tasks including creating invoices and receipts, processing membership invoices and payments, and keeping membership fee payment tracking files up to date.
- Ensure that all responses to membership inquiries are immediate and to a good standard.
- Support the joint planning activity and review with producer organizations and ensure timely gathering and distribution of information to producer organizations.
- Deliver a seamless experience to the members as well as providing support and assistance to team members where needed.
- Process membership payments and liaise with the Finance and Administration Officer to ensure that financial records reconcile to those on the accounting system.
- Monitor the provision of membership service to producer organizations
- Provide logistical and administrative support events and workshops
- Response to member queries, requests, and communications
Reporting and Communication
- Maintain up-to-date membership database and producer records.
- Liaise with the Communications Officer to ensure the clear communication of membership benefits and deliver key information to members.
- Prepare membership activity reports
- Conduct outbound calls and correspondence to support member engagement and retention.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Associate Degree in Business Administration or related field
Experience and Knowledge
• 2 years’ experience in a customer service role to either a membership or the general public
• Experience in managing and maintaining data records
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work to deadlines and cope with pressure, multi-task, demonstrate flexibility
• Proficient in the use of MS Office applications
• Good data entry skills
• Reliable, well organized and flexible
• Excellent attention to detail
How to apply
An application form (CVs will not be accepted) can be found on the jobs and volunteering page of our website
If you have any queries, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +254 202721771 or +254 704180169 and ask to speak to a member of the HR team. Qualified applicants will be subjected to background checks as a pre-condition of employment. Completed applications should be saved in the applicant’s name and the position (MEMBERSHIP ASSISTANT SOUTHERN REGION ) and be e-mailed to email@example.com not later than 30th June 2021.
All applicants should state how they meet essential requirements of the post and include their email address, telephone contacts and three referees with contact details on the application form.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.