This position focuses on the coordination and technical supervision of Médicos del Mundo (MdM Spain) MHPSS intervention in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (West Bank and Gaza Strip), as well as ensuring its quality and alignment with MDM MHPSS strategy.
GEOGRAPHIC AREA OF INTERVENTION
The position will be based in Jerusalem with frequent travels to West Bank and Gaza Strip, Occupied Palestinian Territory.
The position reports directly to the Country Coordinator.
• Ensure proper planning of the MHPSS intervention.
• Ensure close collaboration with the medical team when applicable.
• Participate in the mechanisms of humanitarian coordination within the scope of its competences, and if necessary, represent Médicos del Mundo towards institutions, organizations and media.
• Coordinate and collaborate with public and private actors and with the international network of MDM, which intervene in the same sectoral and/or geographical areas.
• Ensure the technical quality of MHPSS interventions, in line with MdM and international standards.
• Follow-up on MHPSS staff’s capacities and skills, identify development needs and organize relevant training and capacity-building initiatives (directly or through external resources).
• Ensure cross-cutting approaches, including the protection of human rights, gender, environment and anthropological focus are integrated in MHPSS interventions and strategy.
• Contribute to the implementation and follow-up of the advocacy strategy.
• Ensure the achievement of the program objectives, through a proper supervision, and monitoring and evaluation system, and propose corrective and/or mitigation measures when necessary.
• Contribute to the monthly SITREP reports, follow-up and intermediate and final reports as required by donors.
• Actively participate in the identification and writing of new proposals.
• Design, adapt and update MHPSS protocols, procedures and tools.
• Design tools for the collection of qualitative and quantitative data, and ensure data systematization and analysis.
• Participate and be part of the International Network.
• Participate in the Steering Group of the International Network when required.
BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
Academic: Graduated in Psychology or Medicine with specialty in psychiatry or psychotherapy. Complementary training in clinical work is an asset (accredited courses, masters in clinical psychology).
Complementary: Training in gender and gender-based violence, project cycle management.
Languages: C1 English level is mandatory, B1 Spanish and Arabic level are strong assets.
Computer requirements: Management of MS-Office is required.
Working experience in MHPSS in humanitarian contexts and INGOs.
Experience in team management, coordination and advocacy are strong assets.
Knowledge of the context of the Occupied Palestinian Territory or Middle-East is a strong asset.
Organizational capacity and ability to adapt to complex contexts and stressful situations.
Capacity to work and coordinate with others and within a team.
Rigor and autonomy.
Strong writing and communication skills.
Identification with the lines of work, values and mission of Médicos del Mundo.
Immediately for 1 year.
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts.