Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Officer National Contract (Bor Field Office):
Under the supervision of the Child Protection Coordinator and with technical support from the Child Protection Manager, the post holder will supervise efficient and effective delivery of day-to-day child protection activities at field level including implementation and monitoring of psychosocial support activities through Child Friendly Spaces (CFS), comprehensive case management and awareness raising and community mobilisation for child protection.
He/she will strive to uphold child protection quality standards, best practices and compliance to humanitarian and Save the Children standards at all times and to inform the community and local authorities of appropriate measures to ensure the best interest of the child.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in social sciences or relevant experience in social work, community development and working with children in Child Protection Programme
- 3 years’ sectoral experience
- Good English oral and written communication skills
- Fuent in a local language and or Juba Arabic
- Experience in community facilitation and mobilization
- Good understanding of community politics and traditional networks in program location.
- Excellent technical understanding of child protection and community based approaches.
- Good computer knowledge and skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to priorities tasks
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and in a team
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Able to operate in extremely harsh living and working environment
- Gender awareness and sensitivity.
- Understanding of issues of confidentiality
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Work experience with children and families, especially knowledge of child rights and participation
- Excellent computer knowledge
- Experience in capacity building
- Previous NGO experience, including an understanding of neutrality as an international NGO
- Background knowledge in child/ youth protection, education, child rights and emergencies
Contract Duration: Eleven Months
Location: South Sudan, Bor Field Office.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://southsudan.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS40MDM3MS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20