The Gorta Group creates scalable and sustainable solutions to eradicating long-term poverty through knowledge transfer, investment and creating links to markets. The Group includes Self Help Africa, Partner Africa and TruTrade.
We are delighted that United Purpose has now joined the Group as we will be stronger and more impactful together. This merger of two like-minded entrepreneurial organisations will be catalytic in nature as we look to tackle the global challenges of today and tomorrow as one unified organisation.
The Merger Integration Manager will lead the integration process between the two organisations on behalf of the Executive Director and the Management Team. This is a fascinating, once in a career type opportunity to join a dynamic, growing not-for-profit organisation in a role critical role. It will require an exceptional candidate to bring two excellent organisations together in a timely and effective manner.
You will facilitate managers to deliver on the integration plan. Broad in nature the role encompasses delivery of the integration across all facets of the organisation. The combined organisation will employ around 700 staff and operate in over 15 countries – Malawi is the only country where both organisations are operational.
Key Responsibilities are:
Work closely with the Management Team to:
• Finalise and take ownership of the integration plan, prioritise the work, assign responsibilities and timelines, and establish criteria / KPIs to ensure the successful integration of both organisations.
• Assess resourcing requirements for the successful delivery of the integration to include budget and staffing
• Develop a cost reduction plan in order to maximise efficiencies and value for money
• Provide for structures to facilitate mutual learning and appreciation of all the skill sets and work capacities in both organisations and their subsidiaries
• Ensure that the culture of both organisations is understood and respected and that the positive elements of both are retained and enhanced
• Roll-out reporting requirements and templates for management and governance fora
• Develop with department heads detailed plans for, and deliver on the integration of the various functions to include:
- Programme Funding (institutional donors)
- Compliance, risk, safeguarding and policy development and alignment
- Logistics and procurement
- Security and crisis management
• Ensure delivery of the Malawi integration in coordination with the Malawi Integration Manager (Malawi is of sufficient scale to justify its own Integration Manager)
• Regular liaison and presentations to the Management Team, the Audit, Finance & Risk Committee (AFRC), Programmes Committee and the Board
• Any other ad hoc requests and responsibilities that may arise from time to time.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Senior management / management consulting / change management experience
• Mergers / acquisitions / restructures
• Project management
• Exposure to not-for-profit / development sector.
Qualifications / Other Requirements:
• Ability to work across organisations
• Experience of working across multiple departments and functions
• Good knowledge of standards and systems.
• Substantial senior level experience in fitting with the role
• Strong analysis, reporting and communication capacity to senior management and board levels
• Ability to manage varied tasks simultaneously, working effectively as a team member and on own initiative.
• Capable of setting out plans and delivering on those plans.
• Ability to manage and motivate staff at all levels and across cultures.
• Understanding of finance and cost structures in order to maximise efficiency and value for money
• Communicate effectively to staff, management and trustees
How to apply
For a full job description and to apply https://selfhelpafrica.org/ie/merger-integration-manager/