The Regional Director (RD) will serve as PPI representative in ME Countries where PPI operates, and will have primary responsibility for representation, ME programming, staff management, partnerships, resource mobilization and project oversight. The position will lead PPI’ programs and guide strategic direction in the region, developing new programs and partnerships. The RD will serve as a key advisor for PPI ME staff, working closely with HQ team to establish robust operations and project management systems in line with PPI policies, processes and procedures.
Key Function Areas
Under the supervision of PPI CEO, the Regional Director will be responsible for the following:
§ Growing the presence and business of PPI in the ME region according to the agreed strategy and goals
§ Ensuring the effective management of projects in the ME Region (proper coordination of programs, projects, assignments in the country)**
§ In coordination with ME Regional Finance and Administration Manager, monitor and supervise ME financial management, administrative tasks, legal, Human Resources and IT. **
Strategic and Program Leadership
§ Oversee strategic thinking at the Regional level and propose the development strategy / operational in the area**
§ Implement the overall strategy of PPI in the Region
§ Remain well-informed about national and regional issues affecting PPI, its programs and partners
Coordination and operational management in the Region
§ Ensure key deliverables of projects / programs**
§ Manage strategic projects as “Project Director” as required**
§ Ensure program quality and respect for PPI commitments (time, on budget, involvement of partners, quality of reporting, quality of technical services)**
§ Supervise and lead the community of experts and external consultants**
§ Monitor efficient staffing of the experts in the country**
§ Strengthen the technical and methodological resources in ME (knowledge management)**
Growth and representation
§ In close collaboration with HQ business development team, identify strategic areas for growth of programming in the ME Region
§ Position PPI’ ME for new business opportunities
§ In close collaboration with HQ business development team , Pursue new funding and programming opportunities, provide context inputs at the design phase of new projects’ proposals, and participate effectively in the development of new proposals.
§ Cultivate strong relationships with existing and potential donors and partners
§ Represent PPI at national, regional , and International forums
§ Represent PPI and share information with partners, government departments, donor agencies and other NGOs
Financial and administrative management and oversight at the country level
§ Review ME budgets, expenses, and project financial reports to make sure expenditures patterns match with the project work plan and implementation
§ Lead, in close collaboration with ME Regional Finance and Administration Manager, all projects budget revisions when they take place
§ Ensure compliance with PPI, and donors requirements
§ Develop and strengthen robust operations systems based on PPI global systems, and local conditions
§ Work with program and ME Regional Finance and Administration Manager to develop and monitor annual and multi-year program budgets.
§ Supervise PPI ME staff in all countries where PPI works in the region, and support them technically and managerially
§ As needed, recruit, orient, on board, and support new staff for specific positions
§ Maintain an empowering environment with high levels of staff engagement
§ Support professional development and capacity strengthening for PPI ME staff**
· Master’s degree in Business/Economics, Development, Management or Business Administration or any related social field.
· 10+ years of experience in of humanitarian or development experience and International Organization Management preferably in the Middle East.
· Superior organizational and administrative skills; dealing with Governmental entities and familiarity with Egypt NGOs law and regulation.
· Advanced leadership and project management skills with at least 2 years of previous experience as Country Director or a Senior Management Role.
· Knowledge of best practices in country team and performance management.
· Excellent knowledge and understanding of working in a complex environment; Excellent negotiation skills, and politically astute; significant experience with external representation and promotion of programs with stakeholders and potential donors, and able to generate goodwill towards the program with the intention of raising funds and the country grant.
· Fluency in English (particularly writing), Arabic native speaker. French is a strong asset and highly desirable.
· Significant experience in managing strategic partnership with local or national NGOs.
· Self-accountability for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, and holding the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Experience working in multicultural teams, and to work independently and to remain flexible, adaptable and reliable.
· Ability to travel outside Cairo to monitor field work.
· Excellent knowledge and command of Microsoft Office package.
· Advanced skills in proposal writing, fund raising and donor relations.
· Non-Egyptians have to posses a valid work permit in the country.
How to apply
- Interested candidates should send an updated CV and a motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 22nd of July 2021 with “Middle East Regional Director” in the subject line. but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants are encouraged to apply early.
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
· Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
· Incomplete applications will not be considered (sending a CV only without a motivation letter or vice versa).