Help us create a world of greater humanity
The Swiss Red Cross ( SRC) is the largest humanitarian organization in Switzerland. We provide a broad range of services for hte benefit of particularly vulnerable and disadvantaged people in Switzerland and in more than 20 countries around the world. Our national headquarters in Bern and Wabern also support the SRC’s member organizations and institutions and provide the foundations for effective, efficient and sustainable services.
The International Cooperation Department is looking to recruit a
Migration and Displacement Coordinator 80% – 100%
to be seconded to the Migration Unit of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and be based in Geneva
Seconded by the Swiss Red Cross to the Migration Unit of the IFRC in Geneva, the Migration and Displace-ment Coordinator will support regional IFRC delegations (including IFRC regional migration and displacement coordinators and relevant focal points), to support National Societies to implement a cross-border, cross-re-gional and route-based approach to addressing the needs of migrants and refugees.
Underpinning all of these efforts, will be a focus to strengthen the capacity and understanding of National So-cieties in the area of migration and displacement. This will include a focus on strategic approaches to migra-tion and displacement at the national level, aligned with the targets and commitments of the IFRC Global Mi-gration Strategy 2018-2022.
- University qualifications, preferably in the field of international law, human rights, refugee law or interna-tional relations
- Strong experience in addressing migration, protection and displacement issues
- Experience in formulating policy advice, position papers and reports
- Experience in working with diverse stake holders and in the design of advocacy interventions
- Experience in implementing projects for vulnerable migrants
- At least three years’ experience working internationally, preferably with Red Cross and Red Crescent Soci-eties
- Experience in advising, collaborating and capacity building with partner organizations
- Very good written and spoken knowledge of English (C1). French and/or German (B1) would be an asset.
- Advanced communication, intercultural and interpersonal skills
- 12-month contract, starting 1 September 2021 or per agreement
- Interesting field of activity that is not commonplace, with a lot of creative freedom
- Collegial and appreciative working environment in which diversity and equal opportunities are practised
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours
- Modern office space
Please send your online complete application to Mrs Isabel Bangerter (https://jobs.redcross.ch/job-offers.html) until 31 August 2021 at the latest.