II. Organizational Context and Scope
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Migration Management and direct supervision of the Programme Officer – Immigration & Border Management Officer the Migration Service Assistant’s primary role will be to support the implementation of Identity and Border Management (IBM) projects implemented within the Migration Management Division (MMD).
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day assistance to beneficiaries in the MMD office.
- Provide excellent migrant service to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the Service Standards.
- Assist and guide migrants in the completion of the online visa application form as per checklists and conduct completeness checks on all documentation before their visa appointment.
- Complete questionnaires on behalf of applicants while ensuring accuracy of the information and verifying the consistency of the information in the questionnaires with the documentation provided.
- Provide migrants with accurate information in a timely manner and distribute information sheets, Integration Handbook and visa requirement checklists; assisting with telephone and e-mail inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications); and informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures.
- Organize the files of the applicants in the required order based on the instructions of the Embassy Consular staff in IOM-designated folders for applicants to submit to the Consulate at their scheduled interview time, and in full compliance with the IOM Service Standards.
- Maintain high level of accuracy of data capture, by ensuring that the information collected and recorded in the case management system are correct, complete and updated at all times.
- Answer questions and provide remote guidance on form completion, visa requirements and general information to families and principle applicants.
- Schedule appointments while ensuring appointment system for applicants in MMD application is operated effectively.
10.Maintain records of all applications and contact with principle applicants and report these records periodically in a timely manner;
11.Inform management of any problems or issues immediately while regularly suggesting how to improve efficiency and service.
12.Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor the integrity of records containing individual data; and,
Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:**
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3*
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Note: Appointment is subject to funding availability.**
· Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel PowerPoint Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel Word PowerPoint and Publisher.
· Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail
V. Education and Experience:
University degree or equivalent in Business Management, Client Services, Social Science, Communications or related discipline preferred, or an equivalent combination of education training & experience.
· Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies would be an advantage.
Fluency in English, Pashto, and Dari (oral and written).
Working knowledge of German is an advantage
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to send curriculum vitae by the following e-mail address:
firstname.lastname@example.org and by Close of Business (CoB) 17 July 2021 latest, referring to this advertisement quoting the above vacancy notice number. Candidates holding an IOM contract, please update your information in your IOM SAP account, and submit that with your curriculum vitae to the mentioned email address, applicants who failed to do so will not be considered. We do not accept hard copies.
To create IOM PHF, please refer below:
IOM Staff inside IOM network, please update your information in your IOM PRISM account, please print and sent that to the mentioned email address along with your CV.
External candidate with no account yet in the IOM website, Click here
External candidate and already have an account, Click here
IOM Staff outside IOM network, Click here