Electronic Medical Records (EMR) – Mobile Implementation Officer (m/f/x)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Ariadne Unit (eHealth)
Ariadne the health information unit, supervises the collection, processing and use of medical data in MSFOCB. The unit is part of the Medical Department and provides data management support to the Operations in the field and HQ. The support provided is aligned to the projects’ objectives, ambitions and demands, and to MSFOCB’s overall ambitions as described in the Operational Prospects.
Health information management comprises a whole series of activities and responsibilities which starts with data collection in front of the patient, the use of electronic databases, until the production of analyses which can be used by clinicians, epidemiologists and operational managers to guide clinical activities and humanitarian operations. Operational and medical, humanitarian and strategic intelligence is produced out of relevant, clean, quality project data.
EMR for Clinical Support in OCB
An Electronic Medical Record (EMR) solution is deployed to answer to the operational needs: To improve patient care by making medical information available across all medical and support services and over time. Implementations can be indicated for health structures with a complex or multidisciplinary patient flow or for the follow-up of chronic diseases (TB, HIV, etc.). To have the most appropriate solution for any given project, a thorough analysis of specific needs must be done in the field and a well-defined choice between multiple options made.
The unit’s goal is to provide a broad and consistent way to provide good quality data in the field, with a good balance between tailor-made (through relevant and usable short-term support) and standardized systemic electronic tools.
Nature of the MIO EMR
The position will manage the initial implementation process of EMR-solution for various types of MSF projects. Considering the needs of various stakeholders, including analysis of the features and database with the team responsible for customization and configuration of the software, planning and preparation of the roll out and change management for MSF projects and users.
• Within the limits set out by the stakeholders, concretize and manage the EMR implementation plan at hand and prepare for its configuration.
• Work with clinical and non-clinical staff to analyse and document the needs of users and formulate adequate expected results, requirements, metadata and workflows and validate them with key stakeholders.
• Transfer the requirements to an external service provider and make sure that their questions are answered to ensure their understanding of priorities and detailing of the requirements.
• Plan for and organize user testing to include users’ feedback throughout the process.
• Manage requirements changes to ensure that everyone is working from up-to-date documentation and that appropriate stakeholders are involved in all decisions about change.
• Ensure the product deployed meets the acceptance criteria.
• Support the Legal Unit establish appropriate data security provisions and protocols to ensure legal compliance, enable access to and maintenance of patient medical and administrative information.
• Develop and maintain overall planning of the implementation, taking into account changes in context and reality, from the start to the roll out of the latest release including software development/configuration and deployment.
• Facilitate infrastructure, user training, testing, user support including recruitment of support staff and all other relevant activities in the field.
• Take the lead in deployments and upgrades with support from the IT department and external service provider.
• Organize first line user support including strategy and processes in the projects and link to second line support as well as helping in supporting the right personnel.
• Represent the EMR within the country of deployment, manage expectations and ensure understanding and support from all relevant stakeholders.
Change management and training
• Ensure correct usage of the system within the adapted workflows by all its users and overall adoption in the project/s.
• Design, plan and implement a specific “implementation change management approach”
• Communicate with end users and manage expectations to ensure their understanding of what will and will not change and how the process of change will influence their jobs over time.
• Train end users to ensure they understand all process and procedural changes and create appropriate training materials.
• Onboard and support the Project Implementation Manager to take over the MIO’s tasks and responsibilities once the implementation is up and running.
• University degree in information technology/ health informatics, medical or paramedical, business administration or any other related field.
• At least two years’ experience in business analysis and/or project management especially in in eHealth or medical informatics.
• Prior experience in recruiting, training and leading teams or delivering technical support to application users.
• Experience in Bahmni or OpenMRS implementations is a significant asset.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work in culturally diverse environments.
• Flexible, results-oriented and rigorous, with proven stakeholder management and communication skills.
• Willingness, and availability to travel to and work in different field settings for weeks and/or months.
• Fluent in English and French
· Expected starting date: Immediate.
· Contract type: Fixed-term contract of 1 year (“Mobile Implementation Officer” contract), full-time
· Location: based in Brussels but mainly carried out (minimum average of 70% of the time) in the field.
· Salary according to MSF-OCB Field salary scale
· Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
· Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
Deadline for applications: 14/05/2021
How to apply
How to apply?
Please, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “EMR MIO” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.