This is a new one year unaccompanied position based in Juba, South Sudan, with communication and support to field locations. The salary is Grade Band 2 (€35,087- €38,986) per annum, with benefits.
You will report to the Programme Quality Coordinator (PQC), line manage the Juba based M&E Officer and provide technical leadership to the M&E team in Kajo Keji, Unity and Northern Bahr-el-Ghazal (NBeG). You will collaborate with Area Coordinators, Programme Managers, Grants and Information Manager, National Gender and Equality Coordinator, and Technical Coordinators. You will also work closely with HQ Programme Approaches and Learning Unit (PALU) and make use of Concern’s Program Quality Guide for survey building, data management, and indicator tracking, for an efficient M&E system.
Start Date: October 2021
To provide M&E leadership and technical oversight in all Concern’s program locations in South Sudan, toward improved results based management and project cycle management; strengthening M&E system and capacity building as needed, for both Concern and local partners.
· Work with teams to develop indicators and logical frameworks during proposal development**
· Support PQC to adapt and maintain a results based M&E system for multi-sectoral programmes**
· Work with Managers and M&E team to digitize routine monitoring tools for output monitoring**
· Lead planning, implementation and reporting on assessments, baseline, mid-line, end-line surveys**
· Lead the streamlining of CMAM data management and the migration to Digital Data Gathering (DDG) across all locations**
· Build capacity of and coordinate M&E team to improve M&E efficiency and learning**
· Support PQC to identify and respond to M&E support needs of national partner NGOs**
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
· Adapt, implement and oversee a system for results based monitoring and evaluation for each grant and support respective managers and M&E teams to use it
· Guide M&E teams across all locations in preparing individual and group work plans that integrate grant specific M&E needs and enable tracking of programme performance against donor agreements
· Lead planning, implementation and reporting of assessments, baseline, mid-line, end-line surveys as per donor agreements; and provide analyses and trends to managers for decision making
· Liaise with HQ PALU team to ensure timely survey building and survey data management on the iForm builder platform
· Work with Programme Managers to digitize routine monitoring tools and agree on practical implementation procedures, for improved efficiency in project activity/output level monitoring
· Work with Nutrition Technical Advisor and Managers to streamline the CMAM database across all locations, with increased DDG use, building on learning from the ERNE project pilot
· Liaise with PQC to identify support needs of national partner NGOs in M&E, for the respective grants, and agree on a realistic schedule for support
Program Quality and Cross Cutting Themes
· Work with Grants and program teams, during indicator and logframe development for proposals
· Support PQC in M&E plan development during proposal development
· Support the grants team in indicator tracking, donor reporting, and documentation of learning
· Support the implementation of cross cutting themes including gender, safeguarding, CRM, and adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards commitments.
· Work with PQC in planning and implementation of evaluation exercises and/or contextual analyses according to donor agreements and Concern guidelines; and the subsequent documentation and dissemination.
Human Resource Management and Capacity Development
· Line manage the Juba based M&E Officer and support their ongoing professional development
· Provide technical support to Area Coordinators and Programme Managers in the management of M&E teams in Kajo Keji, Unity and NBeG
· Conduct need-based training and on-job coaching for the M&E team and Managers to improve M&E processes in all program locations
· Proactively identify and provide capacity building for project teams in M&E, results based management and project cycle management, to improve M&E processes
· Support HR in recruitment and induction of M&E positions and the ongoing performance review of M&E staff as appropriate.
· As a member of the South Sudan team, support and/or participate in organisational wide activities such as strategic planning, preparing for effective emergency response (PEER), etc
In line with Concern’s commitments under the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS):
· Actively promote meaningful community participation and consultation at all stages of the project cycle (planning, implementation, M&E);
· Work with relevant colleagues to ensure that the Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) is functional and accessible, that feedback and complaints are welcomed and addressed;
· Work with relevant colleagues to ensure that information about CRM, safeguarding and expected staff behaviour is disseminated among programme participants and communities.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Relevant graduate degree in Economics, Humanitarian Action, Development, or related discipline
· At least two years’ experience in M&E for development or humanitarian sector
· Experience of planning and implementing surveys for multi-sectoral projects
· Experience of implementing/conducting assessments and evaluations
· Experience in programme development specifically the development of indicators and logframes
· Strong writing skills including donor reports
· Experience in planning and implementing staff training
· Ability to work independently and on own initiative
· Experience of working in insecure environment
· Flexibility and ability to work with a multi-cultural team
· Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills
· Good organizational, planning and management skills
· Ability to work under pressure and often to strict deadlines
· Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and packages such as SPSS, GIS
· Ability build and/or manage surveys on the iForm builder platform
· Practical experience in implementing cross cutting themes such as equality and conflict sensitivity
· Experience in preparing budgets for M&E activities
· Experience of working in South Sudan
How to apply
All applications should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net/jobs/international/vacancy/monitoring-and-evaluation-specialist-1327-juba/1345/description/ by the closing date and CV’s should be no more than 4 pages in length.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short-listed on a regular basis and we may offer posts before the closing date.
Concern Worldwide is an Irish-based non-governmental, international, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.