The MEAL Consultant will work closely with the MEAL Officer and the Humanitarian Programme Coordinator. He or she is responsible for all MEAL deliverables, activities, requirements outlined in the Qurbani project.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support in the preparation of a MEAL plan that will serve as a guide in the project implementation.
- Support in the conduct of site assessment and preparation of assessment report based on the criteria.
- Assist the community volunteers in the conduct of household profiling and collection using data-based questionnaires developed using smartphones with Kobo collect the application.
- Generate a list of household beneficiaries for validation of community leaders during “pulong-pulong” (town hall meetings).
- Assist in the posting of the final list of household beneficiaries.
- Gather feedback from communities and/or concerns from the field to the Islamic Relief staff following Comments, Feedback and Response Mechanisms (CFRM).
- Document the challenges and learning while conducting the survey as well as the issues flagged by the community respondents during the interview.
- Documentation of lessons learned exercises or processes, i.e., After Action Review (AAR).
- Ensure all Means of Verification (MOV) such as site assessment reports, attendance sheets, beneficiary registers, CFRM, risk assessments, etc. are compiled.
- Assist in the final narrative report writing.
- Prepare and submit Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) Report.
- Abide by IRW policies i.e., Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies, etc.
- Perform any other related assignment by the Humanitarian Programme Coordinator of Islamic Relief Philippines.
- With experience in data collection methods i.e., survey, FGDs, KII, etc.
- Familiar with using the KoboCollect data gathering application.
- Able to work independently or with the team, depending on the requirements.
- Communicates openly, exercises tact, and respects the views of others.
- Willing and able to travel to the field; knowledgeable on local culture is an advantage.
- Willing to abide by IRW’s norms and values without compromising personal beliefs and principles.
- Good written and spoken English; able to understand and speak local dialect in the area is a requirement; able to speak other dialects is an advantage.
Cotabato City, and Provinces of Maguindanao, Lanao del Sur, and North Cotabato.
The duration of the contract is 1.5-months.
How to apply
Interested applicants can share their comprehensive resumes on or before 26 June 2021 to HR.Philippines@islamic-relief.org.ph
Islamic Relief Worldwide is a humanitarian and development organization and working in livelihood WASH, and DRR sectors in line with our vision of a caring world where communities are empowered, social obligations are fulfilled, and people respond as one to the suffering of others. We work regardless of ethnicity, religion, political affiliation or gender.
Selection will be based on application letter, CV, interview, and other relevant documents (as requested). Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.