Chemonics seeks a monitoring and evaluation assistant (M&E assistant) for the Supporting Moderate Education in Syria program, referred to as the Injaz program. The Injaz Program is funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA) and assists children and youth in northeast Syria with limited or no access to education since the start of ISIS occupation in 2013. The M&E assistant supports the project’s the project’s M&E systems, ensuring appropriate data capture, working with partner organizations to ensure data quality and assisting with analytical reports about Injaz activities and the Syrian context. S/he will report directly to the Senior M&E Specialist and will work closely with other members of the M&E and program teams, as well as CBO partners. This position will be located in Kabul, Afghanistan. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Reviewing and cleaning program data submitted from the field with the relevant partners, including clarifying discrepancies
- Reporting issues arising from the data, such as inconsistencies and/or important feedback or trends spotted, to the M&E team members, Program Officers and Technical Team
- Developing training materials about how to use the trackers for CBOs
- Small translation work form English to Arabic or Arabic to English for the M&E department for trackers, and small research efforts
- Assisting in developing additional trackers and data collection tools for the program
- Participating in the development and implementation of smaller research projects stemming from the data reported from the field
- Conducting data validation for all components of the program
- Putting together weekly reports for the funder
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (development, social sciences) required (two years of experience may be substituted)
- One to two years of relevant experience
- Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work
- Strong organizational, management, and administrative skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated analytical ability and capacity to prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic
- Knowledge of current events inside Syria
- Previous experience working for a donor or donor-funded program working in early recovery, democracy and human rights, conflict resolution, social marketing, media, or related field
- Experience conducting statistical analysis, including significance testing
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research, in particular conducting interviews and focus group discussions
- Experience in gathering and analyzing data for the purposes of project or activity implementation
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV attached and “M&E Assistant” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 28, 2021. No telephone inquiries please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.