Overview of position
We are looking to hire infrastructure professionals for multiple positions under upcoming infrastructure development projects with our client in Niger. The positions are:
- Civil Engineer
- Highway engineer
- Structural (or Civil) Engineer
- Designer (or Architect)
- Mechanical Engineer
- Construction Supervisor
The job role may involve the following duties:
- Designing local road schemes and maintaining the road network, including structures such as bridges
- Working with other professionals to build and maintain roads
- Finding new solutions to transport problems
- Planning for highway maintenance and improvement projects
- Ensuring roads are kept clear and open in winter
- Planning and supervising new projects
- Preparing tender and contract documents
- Managing construction teams and adhering to health and safety guidelines
- Undertaking risk assessments
- Dealing with stakeholders including clients, transport specialists and members of the public
- Undertaking new road scheme designs to the highest appropriate technical standards
- Assisting with the preparation of design resource estimates
- Estimating construction costs
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Key competencies/ Qualifications/Experience/Skills:
• University Degree in Civil, Architecture, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering.
• Relevant numbers of years of working experience in project assessment, design & management experience in road construction
• Strong interpersonal skills & ability to work as part of a team.
• Experience in the usage of computers & software packages (drawing software, structural software, office (MS Word, Excel, etc.) & advance knowledge of spreadsheet & database packages is required.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
This is a Talent pool building exercise for the upcoming project in country
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link: