Overview of position
The COVID-19 pandemic is an extraordinary situation of unprecedented scale and severity with a global public health concern. Risk Communication and Community Engagement technical working groups were developed under leadership of NCDC, co-led by our client with participation of UN agencies and INGOs to support raising awareness and social mobilization, in order to achieve the target of minimizing the spread of the virus ,highlighting the importance of following the personal protective measures and increasing the public acceptance to the COVID-19 vaccination campaign, which the country is embarking on ,to prevent COVID-19 associated morbidity and mortality.
Our client together with other partners is supporting the NCDC in implementing a National deployment plan for the COVID-19 vaccine and is leading one of the taskforces which is responsible for Demand creation and acceptance for COVID-19 vaccination and awareness on prevention comprehensive package of interventions with special focus on quality and coverage of NCDC vaccines nationwide. Promotion of precautionary measures to prevent transmission of virus and achieve high vaccine coverage with particular focus on the high-risk groups.
Under the guidance & supervision of the director NCDC, the consultant will;
· Scale up dissemination of key messages on importance of COVID-19 vaccination with focus on high risk population.
· Dispelling rumors and manage large volume of false information by Monitoring of Social Media, to collect data, analysis source and respond effectively.
· Regularly updating Q/A on social media, Radio, and other platforms.
· Write, edit and proofread a variety of communications materials, such as interviews, flyers, leaflets, booklets and updates;
· Create and design visual content such as infographics, graphics and videos using the appropriate software.
· Act as media / communications focal point for NCDC/our client.
· Effective use of NCDC official Facebook page, to communicate key messages and responding to public concerns.
· Establish linkages with communities on radio and TV (live sessions)
· Update on national vaccination coverage data.
· Any other relevant duties as and when needed.
To the project manager
· Knowledge and experience in undertaking remote trainings
· Quality-oriented, creative, able to work efficiently under tight deadlines
· Experience of working with diverse groups of people in emergencies an asset.
· University degree or higher diploma in Media, Social Science, Public Health, Business Administration, Linguistics or related fields.
· Two years of relevant professional experience in Public health/social sector analysis and reporting.
· Strong communication in written and oral in Arabic and English with specific skills in undertaking training and vaccine management.
The payment/fee for Six months will be paid once upon completion of daily attendance time sheet, approved by the supervisor with final report outlining the progress against agreed deliverables.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link: