Dimensions of the Role
This position is responsible for the evaluation, response analysis, design, coordination, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the VSGB components of Plan International Mali’s humanitarian response. He / she will be in charge of building the capacities of the field offices and the national office of Plan International Mali. He / she will coordinate with the other members of the humanitarian intervention team and the staff of Plan International Mali, in particular the implementation, the technical management of the sectors concerned, in order to ensure a rapid and appropriate response. and efficient.
He / she will have to ensure a response to the immediate problems of VSGB by simultaneously considering long-term needs and possible scenarios. The / specialist should play a very active role in technical coordination, support and advocacy with the coordination of the country’s GBV sub-cluster and other stakeholders and technical agencies relevant to the sector.
Key and End Results Typical Responsibilities 1) Evaluation ·Provide leadership within the Bureau de Plan Mali program on gender programming, developing clear and realistic conceptual thinking, guidance, tools and capacity building. In addition, you will provide technical advice to our sub-offices in Mopti, Timbuktu and the representation in Ségou ensuring that gender is significantly integrated into the design, implementation and monitoring of all our projects. Provide gender expertise within the Emergency Program for strategic analysis, gender assessments, capacity building, proposal development as well as gender sensitive monitoring and evaluation. vision of the emergency program with a focus on girls’ rights and Plan International Mali’s GBV assessment are coordinated with other program areas, protection actors, stakeholders and governmental and non-governmental (and military, if applicable) organizations. · Assess human, material and financial resources in the country for collaboration with relevant staff and agencies. Identify and assess potential partnerships for the implementation of the recommendations and on how to address the identified gaps. 2) Program Design To be successful in this challenging and diverse role, you will have significant experience in planning, designing and implementing integrated humanitarian programs. You also have skills in advocacy, influence and negotiation, and used to getting engagement from a wide range of people, bringing about change and providing support from a distance. · In addition, knowledge of international humanitarian standards and codes of conduct is essential, as are excellent skills in drafting funding requests and donor reports. Define the goals and objectives of the overall response in matters of Gender and GBV, in accordance with Plan International Mali’s humanitarian response strategy. resources and risks. In coordination with gender and GBV actors, develop an evidence-based response plan including lines of intervention based on results, indicators and activities. Design the most appropriate gender and GBV interventions based on findings, assessments and context Ensure that issues of gender, education, disaster risk reduction and conflict sensitivity are addressed taken into account in the design of the programs. · Guarantee the guidelines of Plan International Mali and the minimum standards of Gender and VSGB in the actions are taken into account and any deviation is documented · Work in close collaboration with other specialists program to ensure that are mutually reinforcing and that inclusive gender and GBV interventions are linked in the longer term. Develop a gender and GBV intervention program / plan, core budget, concept papers and proposals related to the above and contribute to the overall response strategy of Plan International Mali. Support the national office of Plan International Mali in the development of preparedness and disaster risk reduction plans for girls, adolescents and young people on gender and GBV and psychosocial support. 3) Management and implementation of the response ** Ensure that the planning,
4) Information and coordination
· Provide regular updates on progress to the humanitarian response manager and emergency team, priorities and constraints – orally and in writing at an agreed frequency.
· Initiate and follow up with the relevant implementation manager (s).
Support the country office in the engagement of donors in Mali to increase the visibility of Plan International Mali as an actor in the field of GBV
· Represent Plan International Mali with governmental and non-governmental groups as needed and in agreement with the Emergency Response Manager.
· Support the implementation of gender and GBV coordination mechanisms and represent Plan International Mali in these mechanisms including any relevant group / sub-group.
· Provide brief updates and reports on sector activities / strategies to donors and other stakeholders.
· Work closely with the management of the intervention in resource mobilization, including the development of quality concept notes and proposals and donor engagement.
Work with Plan International Mali’s communications team to support the accessible publication and dissemination of articles, case studies, success stories and presentations highlighting work in the area of GBV 6) Human Resources, capacity building of staff and administrationSupport the department in charge of human resources in identifying qualified personnel for the gender and GBV program in humanitarian intervention areas. gender and GBV, on minimum gender standards in emergency programs. Supervise national staff to ensure a good transfer of knowledge and skills and to create ownership of the programs
Coordinate and / or implement training and briefing of Plan International Mali staff, partners and other key people, stakeholders on gender and GBV and / or related issues, child safeguarding policy and young people from Plan International Mali and the code of conduct.
· Comply with the policies and practices of Plan International Mali in matters of safeguarding children and young people, the code of conduct and other human resources policies and procedures.
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures. **
Main internal contacts
The person in charge of the emergency response and other members of the emergency response team, if applicable
Main external contacts
· Other agencies and groups responding to the emergency, especially those working with children, adolescents and young people in the protection sector and specifically GBV.
· He / she reports to the Emergency Response Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives
· A minimum of 3 years (including at least 2 in the field) of professional experience with progressive responsibility in the field of gender and / or GBV in emergency situations.
· Demonstrated technical expertise in the implementation of community mechanisms on GBV and gender.
· Experience with participatory learning approaches.
· Experience in conducting rapid gender assessments when preparing for the implementation of projects in emergency contexts.
· Experience in training in technical areas of gender and GBV with various audiences.
Experience in case management and psychosocial support for children, adolescents and youth affected by conflict
Knowledge of minimum standards on gender and GBV in humanitarian action, the Sphere manual and the Red Cross / NGO code of conduct.
· University degree in social work, social sciences, legal sciences or other related field.
· Excellent command of written and verbal communication.
· Excellent command of written and spoken French. Fluency in English will be an asset
· Excellent skills in project design, participatory monitoring and evaluation.
· Excellent communication skills: Well-argued response plans can be justified, implemented and persuasive to others.
Ability to work independently and in a team, to demonstrate leadership and to support and train local and international staff and also be able to work with those affected by the humanitarian crisis in a sensitive and participatory manner.
· Demonstrate attention to detail, an ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively.
Demonstrate independent problem solving without the need for direct supervision.
Ability to work both independently and in a team
Strong organizational and prioritization skills and attention to detail
· Good training skills and ability to conduct orientation training and briefings.
· Excellent skills in managing interpersonal relationships, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, and to keep under pressure.
Ability to work with limited supervision from supervisor.
Well planned and organized, even in a fluid work environment, and endowed with initiative and decision-making ability as well as analytical and problem-solving skills.
Commitment and adherence to humanitarian values and standards,
· Be willing to make quick decisions even with insufficient information, but ready to think and adapt when necessary;
· Focus and strive to ensure the implementation of the program;
Aware of own strengths and weaknesses and proactive in using feedback and self-development
Aware of the impact on others and uses that impact to create a positive work climate
Works with confidence and integrity and is clearly committed to upholding Plan International Mali’s core values and humanitarian principles
· Resilience / Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to function effectively under extreme circumstances including stress, high security risks and difficult living conditions.
· Work and live in a flexible, adaptable and resilient way.
· Self and Other Awareness and Sensitivity: Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity.
· Have the experience and ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in an appropriate manner. Have the ability to do an accurate self-assessment, especially in high stress and high security contexts. Integrity: works with reliability and integrity and is clearly committed to Plan International Mali core values and humanitarian principles.
Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive under pressure.
· Be prepared to live and work in uncertain safe environments.
Experience working in conflict or emergency areas (or other situations where insecurity and corruption may be a significant issue)
· Capacity building commitment and skills – as well as the ability to assess and mentor others.
Large trips, sometimes short term
Work in multiple locations and on the go
How to apply
Interested parties can apply by clicking on the link above: