- Contribute to the development of nutrition projects and activities, plans and processes,ensuring alignment with wider nutrition policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined nutrition projects and activities,ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes/projects that complies with WFPstandards and procedures
- Develop and co-ordinate data gathering and monitoring/assessment systems ensuring thatrigorous quality standards are maintained
- Track and analyze data to provide input to reporting activities and contribute to the preparationof accurate and timely reporting on nutrition activities that enables informed decision makingand consistency of information presented to stakeholders
- Liaise with implementing partners (internal and external) to monitor ongoing projects,ensuring effective collaboration, timeliness and efficiency, and highlight potential risks toproject delivery.
- Support the identification of potential partners and partnership negotiations to ensure acollaborative and holistic approach to meeting nutrition needs.
- Guide junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complexanalysis and queries.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare forand respond to nutrition needs for example the production and revire of training materials.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency foodassistance needs
- In absence of Head of the Section, assume OIC responsibility
- Participate and represent WFP in sector working group meetings, consultations
- Others as required
- STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Advanced University degree in Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition, Food Technology, Medicine orother relevant field.
With an Advanced University Degree: Minimum of 3 years of relevant post-graduate (i.e after obtaining the first university degree) progressive experience in nutrition or health related field. Experience in coordination role, and working with national institutions (ministries, academic institutes ,etc..) is an advantage
With a First University Degree: Minimum of 5 years of relevant post-graduate (i.e after obtaining the first university degree) progressive experience in nutrition or health related field. Experience incoordination role, and working with national institutions (ministries, academic institutes, etc..) is an advantage
Language : Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic languages.
How to apply
External candidates :