“Children’s animation production**”**
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
1. Tender Purpose:
NRC Middle East Regional Office in Amman, Jordan, is soliciting bids for “Children’s animation production”
TERMS OF REFERENCE
for Service Provision (Children’s animation production)
Name: Children’s animation production
Title: Miskit animation production for BLP
DUTY STATION: NRC MERO (remote)
REPORTING TO: BLP Advocacy and Communications Coordinator
DURATION: max. 60 days
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organisation with 75 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency, food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors – referred to in NRC as “core competencies”.
The NRC has approximately 15,000 employees, involved in projects across 4 continents. Today, these are spread over more than 110 offices in 33 countries: however, due to the nature of NRC’s work, the number of staff, offices and countries of operation changes often. For more information about where NRC works, reference the “Where we work” on the NRC web site (www.nrc.no)).
The Better Learning Programme (BLP) is NRC’s flagship psychosocial support intervention for children in crisis-affected communities and helps support recovery from the traumatic events experienced during crisis and displacement.
As part of the programme, NRC wishes to produce a short, animated film based on a newly developed BLP children’s book.
NRC is looking to contract a production company to produce an animated film based on a screenplay adaptation of NRC’s new children’s book. The animated short film (of no more than three minutes) will be broadcast in Arabic (with English subs) to children across the Middle East as a three-part series (one minute per episode).
The production company will:
1) Produce a mood board and storyboard for the short animation film (totalling no more than three minutes) based on the screenplay adaptation of NRC’s new children’s book.
2) Produce the animated film in Arabic with English subtitles. The film will be delivered in web and TV broadcast suitable formats with accompanying sound mixes (stereo mix and broadcast mix). Full technical delivery specifications will be agreed between NRC, the production company, and broadcaster.
3. DELIVERABLES AND PROGRESS PLAN
- Attend an introductory meeting with NRC to agree on a timeline. (within seven days of signing contract)
- Prepare mood board and storyboards based on the screenplay adaptation of NRC’s new children’s book. (within 14 days of signing the contract)
- Produce the 3-minute animated film and send it to NRC for review. (within 45 days of signing the contract)
- Make any necessary edits to the film and send NRC the final deliverables. (within 60 days of signing the contract)
4. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- The service provider must refrain from sharing any confidential information or knowledge gained from working for NRC with any third party or to use it for private gain.
- The service provider will transfer the ownership of the intellectual property rights to NRC and NRC will assume full ownership over the copyright on all of the materials for the rest of time and holds the right to use all material produced in connection with the assignment in whatever way NRC sees fit. NRC will give film credits to contributors when publishing.
- Ensure implementation of the data protection practices that will be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulations to secure the continuity of NRC’s compliance with GDPR in this field.
5. REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Substantial demonstrated experience in producing high quality short, animated films (preferably for children).
- Previous experience of working with an international non-profit organisation would be an asset.
- Previous experience of producing animated films for television broadcast or theatrical screenings would be an asset.
6. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Applications should include the following:
- Information about the service provider including its brief history
- Cover Letter addressing how the applicant meets Required Competencies
- Brief description of the approach to ensuring quality under this provision of services
· Full portfolio of previous work undertaken and led by the service provider
· A breakdown of the production crew that would be working on the film
· A proposed budget detailing service provision fee. All budgets and final quotations should be made in USD.
· As per Jordanian Income Tax Law, NRC in Jordan will withhold tax, which is 10% for international consultants and 5% for national consultants, from the consultant’s fees, and pay it directly to the Jordanian tax department. Proof of payment will be provided to the consultant upon request
- To be considered, bids shall include a signed copy of the document “Annex – Suppliers Ethical Standards Declaration” (see next page).
- The tender Application can be sent by emailing email@example.com.
- Questions can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. EVALUATION CRITERIA
Offers from providers will be evaluated by the following criteria:
- Overall proven expertise and experience of the applicant, with a particular focus on the applicant’s animation portfolio/previous experience – 80%
- Pricing – 20 %
- Deadline for tender: **
The complete tender application can be sent by e-mail, free of charge, up until the day before the closing date 30th of August 2021.
How to apply
The tender Applications can be sent by emailing email@example.com.
Quoting reference number ITB.MERO.2021.8100664 and stating the name of the company requesting the documents.
Note that questions about this invitation to bid can be put forward by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and that a Q&A feedback will be shared with all bidders with anonymization.