The Nutrition Head of Project will be responsible for:
- Planning and monitoring the implementation of Nutrition program under UNICEF funding for activities in the South, Lebanon according to the program work-plan and logical frameworks that met the contractual agreements and the quality standards of Action Against Hunger
- Leading the project team structuration and capacity building; project reporting and archiving; collaboration with the support Departments for budget, procurement, and human resources follow-up as well as close coordination with the Nutrition Field Manager supporting from Beirut Coordination office and with external consultants.
- Identifying issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- Ensuring quality intervention with MEAL tools, field monitoring and quality reporting.
- Contributing to the coordination of the project and to represent Action Against Hunger in Tyre and participate in Nutrition/Health sectoral development.
Objective 1: To ensure timely and quality implementation of the nutrition project (UNICEF) at base level (60%)
Field Activity Implementation
- Prepare and update the project workplan, in coordination with the project team, MEAL team, and support Departments, to make sure that project activities and objectives are met;
- To support the Program Manager (PM) in design of the beneficiary selection process
- To monitor the supervisor especially in the beneficiary selection process and to actively support the process
- Plan and supervise all the technical and households’ assessments, surveys, etc.
- Provide guidance to the project teams in weekly planning of activities (input distribution, trainings, set up, maintenance, monitoring, reporting, etc.) and to ensure these plans are in line with project workplan
- Plan and collect systematically the means of verification for the project (attendance sheets, distribution list of beneficiaries, etc.)
- Be responsible for the design and specifications for all the Nutrition & Health interventions and materials, in coordination with the Program Manager at base level as well as the Nutrition and Health Coordinator and the Nutrition Field Manager at Coordination level
- Ensure proper distribution plans and management;
- Guarantee a close follow-up of the project activities with the field team, service contractors and suppliers;
- Be responsible for the technical follow-up of the activities and compliance with Action Against Hunger and sectorial standards;
- Flag to her/his line manager delays or deviation on the activities;
- Prepare project materials alongside with the teams, such as IEC, training modules, workshops, etc.;
- Participate in project kick-off, and contribute to mid-term and final review meetings, in collaboration with the Program manager;
- Plan and organize other project requirements such as communication and visibility.
- To provide verbal and written reports on the activities, including challenges, lessons learned and best practices, to the PM on the agreed frequency
- To provide distribution plans, procurement requests to the PM based on agreed project work-plan
- Actively participate in budget follow up meetings with the PM
- Follow-up the MEAL plan and project indicators, in coordination with MEAL Department;
Team Management and capacity building
- Divide the tasks and responsibilities between team members according to programmes’ needs, including delegation systems;
- Ensure that responsibilities and functional relations are clear within the team and regularly revised;
- Follow-up and evaluate staff performance;
- Support the staff under line management in developing project planning, weekly planning, monthly planning;
- Identify training needs and gaps within the team;
- Guarantee the continuous motivation of the team;
- Ensure staff capacity development according to the programmes needs and staff expectations (training plan, capacity development plan, etc.);
- Provide regular coaching and feedback sessions, with adequate updates on progress against development plan and new objectives;
- Ensure proper, accurate and timely archiving of all the means of verification of the project and other technical project documentation (soft and hard copies);
- Proper use of the Action Against Hunger online platform to archive key project documentation;
- Regular back-ups copy of computer files;
- Determine reporting processes with the field team (weekly and monthly);
- Ensure technical reporting of the activities;
- Provide verbal and written reports (APR and donors report) to the line manager and Nutrition and Health Coordinator as well as the Nutrition Field Manager;
- Report possible problem or conflict during the activities
- Ensure a proper forecast and budget follow-up of the project, in close coordination with the Logistics and Admin Department;
- Flag any deviation to the line manager, and propose solutions;
- Supervise specific project (s) budget forecast & follow up and Participate in the design of new budget
Logistics and Supplies Management
- Ensure timely procurement of goods and services for the project, according to the procurement plan;
- Work in close collaboration with the Logistics Department to identify suppliers and follow-up the contracts;
- Ensure close follow-up of the procurements with Logistics team, through regular meeting and data record;
- Flag any issues with supplier (quality of the service and respecting the clauses of the contract) to the line manager and Logistics;
- Update the procurement plan in collaboration with the Logistics Department;
- Use the internal tools and processes for procurement and stock follow-up;
- Prepare a weekly transportation request and planning for her/his team;
- Ensure the compliance of working conditions while in office or in the field with respect to Action Against Hunger code of conduct and standard operating procedures for the area of operations;
- In collaboration with HR Department, ensure the follow-up of the leaves and working hours of the team members;
- In collaboration with HR Department, ensure staff recruitment, induction and integration;
- Report HR related issues to his/her line manager;
- In collaboration with HR Department, conduct the appraisal for the team members.
Objective 2: To ensure a proper Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning of the project (10%)
- Follow-up the MEAL plan and project indicators, in close coordination with MEAL Department;
- Keep updated the beneficiary list and other project database;
- Support the staff under line management in integrating MEAL activities;
- Ensure proper communication of the hotline and feedback mechanisms;
- Use the internal processes for referral and follow-up, in collaboration with MEAL team;
- Encourage and train the field team to ensure accountability towards beneficiaries.
Objective 3: To contribute to the Coordination and Representation of Action Against Hunger and the project (20%)
- Provide ideas to improve collaboration, coordination, and performance within the team and with other Departments;
- Regular and transparent communication with her/his line manager;
- Report possible problems or conflict during the activities or within the team or the base;
- Ensure project coordination for the projects with local authorities and institutions;
- Direct communication with local authorities and beneficiaries;
- Represent Action Against Hunger in the South Health working group, and other technical humanitarian platform when requested by her/his line manager.
Objective 4: To contribute to the comprehension and support to the implementation of Nutrition & Health strategy (10%)
- Follow-up the Nutrition & Health strategy at base level, based on Nutrition Coordinator and line manager guidance;
- Collect and share information on Nutrition & Health sector and the living conditions of the populations;
- Identify the needs of the vulnerable populations and participate in the discussion and design of the interventions;
- Actively coordinate with other agencies implementing Nutrition and Health projects in the area;
- Represent Action Against Hunger in Health meetings with national NGOs, national institutions and international organizations under the guidance of direct and functional managers;
- Deliver report reflecting the Nutrition situation in the targeted area with proposed solutions upon request by the line manager;
- Active participation in the Nutrition Department structure and functional relations.
- Provide inputs and support to other technical Departments to mainstream Nutrition in their programs;
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan, ensure that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
- Communicate to the security manager of the working location any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan
- Report on any security incident to the security manager.
Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
- Contribute to the implementation of the gender and protection action plan
Master’s in Nutrition, Public Health, or related field.
Technical specific knowledge:
- Strong knowledge on project cycle management
- Strong knowledge in Infant and Young Child Feeding practices, nutrition in the life cycle, malnutrition, child development, maternal nutrition, micronutrient deficiencies, community nutrition and public health promotion.
- Knowledge on IYCF in emergencies, mental health, food security, and/or maternal and child health is a plus
- 2-3 years of experience in managing projects and teams, especially on health and nutrition
- Experience in project cycle management.
- Experience in working in the humanitarian field in Lebanon with vulnerable populations
Humanitarian sector knowledge:
NGO experience is a plus
Action Against the Hunger knowledge:
An asset, but not mandatory
Native Arabic speaker and fluency in English (written, speaking) are a must
IT and specific systems:
Good command of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Mobility (national/ international)
Lebanese Nationals, based in Tyre
How to apply
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration.
Accion Contra El Hambre – Trabaja con Nosotros (acf-e.org) https://employ.acf-e.org/index.php/positions/view/4937/Nutrition-Head-of-Project-Tyre/