At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Global Human Resources (HR) – Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Global Human Resources team helps realize this objective by fostering a worldwide environment that inspires excellence where initiative, inventiveness, and professional development are encourages. We value innovation in our employees and believe it gives us a competitive advantage in this global marketplace. Our team focuses its resources and efforts on the lifecycle quality of employee activities with ongoing attention to: Employee engagement, professional development, rewards and recognition and organizational culture; Taking what might be complicated, distant, daunting and making it simple, understandable and workable; Finding ways to fulfill our intent for openness, transparency and accessibility of information, rather than control, restriction and containment; Ensuring cross-organizational collaboration, shared success and joint action.
Reporting to the Shared Services Manager, the Office Administrative Coordinator (OAC) ensures a positive first point of contact for all who enter the Pact Office. This position is located in our Washington, DC office. The OAC greets and directs all visitors, is on hand for A/V support for meeting technology and provides general information and assistance to staff. The OAC is also responsible for managing mail (receiving, distributing and sending), ordering office supplies, and assisting with internal meetings. The OAC will also be responsible for processing vendor invoices, and other duties as needed.
- Treats all people with respect and dignity and approaches every request with a positive attitude.
- Welcomes visitors, guests, and vendors on a daily basis, connecting them to the appropriate staff while providing a welcoming positive introduction to Pact;
- Maintains security by following procedures, controlling access to the office, monitoring logbook, issuing visitor badges;
- Manages Pact’s main office number, receive, route and announce incoming calls to the appropriate staff
- Receives, sorts and distributes mail/deliveries/couriers; maintaining the postage meter/seal ensuring meter fund and compliance with postal regulations, preparing and submitting requests for additional funding as needed;
- Maintains a package receipt log and notifies recipients of newly arrived packages, prepares international shipments to country offices using FedEx and DHL;
- Assist with departmental and corporate event planning, placing catering orders and room set up;
- Prepare and submit payment requests for Pact vendors;
- Maintains safe, clean and welcoming reception area; assists in overseeing office cleanliness and order;
- Implement programs/strategies and improving people’s safety, moral and well-being in the office;
- Partners with Shared Services members to report and resolve building maintenance issues;
- Organizes, tracks and orders all office supplies, managing cost and inventory;
- Contributes to team success by assisting with administrative and other duties as needed.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Familiar with online FedEx international shipping
- Experience with interacting with Accounts Payable processes
- Experience with nonprofit organizations
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
How to apply
Please click here to apply for this position.