As an Operations Support Officer you will ensure the proper administrative, financial, logistical, security and project management of the countries under your supervision. You will be the main contact person for the field teams for all issues related to these management areas.
The position reports to the Head of Operations Management in Brussels.
1. Management of country offices
- He/she checks the country accounts on a quarterly basis and prepares a management report for the Country Director and the Administration-Finance-Logistics (AFL) Manager. He/she supports the local financiers in the annual accounting closing process.
- He/she supports the financiers and country directors in the elaboration of the financial strategy and in the monitoring of the good budget coverage of the country office.
- He/she monitors the implementation of audit recommendations in the Country Offices for which he/she is responsible.
- Administration et logistics
- He/she is in charge of the logistical aspects of the international consultants’ missions in the country offices.
- He/she participates in the recruitment of AFL teams in the countries and is in charge of the training of new AFLs recruited in the country offices.
- He/she supports the country offices in the development of their security plan. **
- He/she supports the country teams in their contextual and risk analyses. **
- He/she supports the countries in the implementation of their contingency plans.**
2. Support in project management
- He/she supports the country teams in the development and management of projects, particularly in respecting and complying with the rules of donors and ASF’s internal rules.
- He/she advises and strengthens the staff of the offices in terms of project management methodologies/tools. He/she supports the “value for money” approach of the organisation’s actions in the transformation of inputs into outputs.
- He/she ensures that lessons learned in project and contract management are disseminated within the organisation and, if necessary, integrated into the reference documents.
- At the level of partners, he/she supports the creation and implementation of partnership agreements by ensuring that donor / BSO procedures are respected.
The ideal candidate has:
- A higher education preferably in economics, finance, accounting or management (Master level)
- Bilingual French-English, both written and spoken
- A minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience in a management control function
- Has regular availability to carry out support missions in the country offices
- Experience in international project management (Asset)
- Experience in the field and/or in NGOs/cooperation (Asset)
- Experience in supporting local partners and in team management (Asset)
- A very good knowledge and practice of double-entry bookkeeping / accounting software
- Has a good command of Office softwares
- Has a real capacity to listen and good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates analytical skills and a spirit of synthesis, autonomy in his/her work and resistance to stress.
- Takes initiatives, has a sense of responsibility, is a teacher and is rigorous.
- Full-time fixed term contract (38h/week).
- A gross salary from 3.331 € to 4.020 € depending on experience.
- Daily 8 € meal tickets + telework indemnity
- An attractive policy of recuperation of days spent on mission.
- A position with a lot of room for initiative within a dynamic organisation with a multicultural dimension.
How to apply
Thank you for sending your cover letter, CV and availabilities at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the mention «Operations and Finance Support officer» en object, before 13 june 2021.