The candidates MUST have a work authorization in the US.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Undertakes off light management activities in an assigned area or areas, such as meeting and assisting flights as part of a team, assisting with transit and ground transportation, assisting with quality checks of domestic travel and assisting with administrative duties.
- Meet and greet arriving flights as part of a team; brief arrivals on procedures; escort arrivals to the immigration area, quality check relevant paperwork, assist arrivals through procedures and ensure Customs and Border Protection (CBP) stamps all relevant documents; ensure Miscellaneous Charges Orders (MCOs) are prepared; handle hotel, transportation and meal vouchers; and ensure arrivals have the necessary support during transit, including access to water, food and restrooms. Convey issues as they arise to the Operations Focal Point or supervisors.
- Escort arrivals to their connecting flights, ground transportation or hotel, maintaining necessary communication with flight management colleagues and supervisors. If required, escort medical cases requiring immediate assistance to the hospital and remain with them as requested by POE management, ensuring all necessary hospitalization documentation is completed and submitted to the Operations Associate, POE JFK.
- Ensure tickets are received and correct; quality assurance check domestic bookings and ground transportation schedules; and assist with quality assurance checks of POE-relevant data as directed by supervisors and in coordination with flight management team members.
- Assist with the preparation of flight folders and packages, domestic bookings sheets, lanyards, DTE envelopes, promissory notes and US customs declarations.
- Provide assistance at hotels for individuals in transit, including for extended periods of up to 12 hours and during overnight periods; ensure the needs of the individuals are met throughout their hotel stay and communicate promptly with hotel representatives and POE supervisors if issues arise.
- Provide interpretation services for arriving refugees or SIV-holders, including during their immigration and customs procedures, transfer to a domestic flight or ground transportation, transportation to a hotel, or transportation to final destination.
- Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to supervisors and team members, particularly in relation to issues and anomalies.
- Undertake duty travel, if required, to participate in POE-related meetings or training sessions, or to escort individuals transiting to their final destination.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the USRAP, POE SOPs and RMI, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with refugees, SIV-holders and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all USRAP-related paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert POE management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by POE staff members and partners.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed secondary education required.
- Four years of working experience with secondary education; two years of working experience with Bachelor’s degree.
• Past POE experience a strong advantage.
- Attention to detail and ability to organize.
- A willingness to learn practical computer skills as required, including Word, Excel and Internet
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
Fluency in English.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Please submit resume to email@example.com by July 19, 2021.