iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
- The project provides support to the humanitarian community by better coordinating current information efforts, developing new granular information on conditions in potential areas of return, monitoring developments in host countries, producing thematic reports on key drivers and barriers to return, and disseminating information
- Covid Coordination: Dedicated coordination capacity will be fundamental to efforts to sustain the ongoing void response, advocate for essential services, coordinate vaccine rollout, and liaise with local authorities. Thus, the NES EmergencyCoordinator for COVID-19 is responsible for leading the COVID-19 Task Force, which oversees the implementation of the preparedness and Response Plan and associated workstream developed.
- Mine Action coordination: Provide and maintain a comprehensive picture of explosive hazard contamination and progress of the intervention measures to all stakeholders. It will include the provision of an information-sharing platform, strengthening the partnership between MASWG with other working groups, and contributing in advocacy to ensure that Mine Action’s voice is alive in NES.
Description of Duties
- Monitor the security situation in NE Syria, conduct risk assessments, assist with the authorization process of field visits, assist in tracking of staff movements, participate in enforcing security and safety procedures and provide sound and timely advice to staff and management on safety and security matters.
- Manage the Field Security Officer(s), drivers, and guards.
- Maintain contacts with local and national authorities and international state and non-state actors, compiling threat analysis, incident reports, and routine security reports.
- Liaise and coordinate timely and efficiently with the Security department regarding security incidents, threats, or deficiencies that potentially could affect operations.
- Ensure the implementation of safety and security policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) as detailed in the Project Security Plan.
- Assist with monitoring all staff movements in NE Syria in close coordination with the HMAC and ensure that staff follows travel authorization protocols. In case of emergencies, the OC shall liaise with local actors and the iMMAP Security Department.
- Conduct and submit to the HMAC Site Risk Assessments for locations regularly visited by iMMAP staff, including field locations.
- Ensure that communication protocols are implemented, and project warden lists are up to date.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to coordinate with local administrators, government, NGOs working with community projects, and agencies involved in mine-action.
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours at different locations.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Self-reliant and able to work independently.
- Ability to coordinate with NGOs working with community projects and agencies involved in mine-action.
- At least two years of working experience in the same field.
- Good working knowledge of English, Arabic, and Kurdish (written and spoken).
- Excellent computer skills in Windows and Microsoft Office to include MS Excel and MS Access.
- Represent iMMAP in front of the Head of HAO in NES and ensuring all registration processes to be in place.
- Able to travel to all provinces in Syria for iMMAP support.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/263