Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (AMELA),
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Afghanistan, Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: **
The purpose of AMELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position
The Operations Specialist is responsible for all procurements, conducting research on vendors and establishing cooperative relationships with them, and ensuring compliance across all project procurements. The Operations Specialist provides support to the Operations Director. They will work cooperatively with the other activity employees to contribute to the success of AMELA. This is a Long-term Technical Assistance (LLTA) position.
- Ensure transparency in the procurement process in accordance with MSI procurement policies and procedures.
- Review incoming documents and ensure adherence to rules and regulations of MSI procurement policy.
- Prepare required documents for Request for Quotations (RFQ) Purchase Orders and other contractual vehicles.
- Produce standard procurement plans for day-to-day regular and routine purchasing.
- Obtain competitive bids and quotations produce price analysis summary sheets and track procurements.
- Oversee travel schedules and required authorizations for domestic and international travel.
- Arrange and manage domestic air travel and coordinate with travel agents and United Nations Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS).
- Handle processing of visa applications work permits and other immigration documents.
- Manage the renewal of company and project vehicle licenses.
- Coordinate with the Finance Department to reconcile traveler costs and inventory records.
- Maintain project inventory records and ensure adherence to MSI policies.
- Maintain and ensure that asset check-in and check-out to expat and Cooperating Country Nationals (CCNs) is filed properly.
- Conduct the annual physical verification of project assets and record keeping.
- Conduct monthly inventory reports and annual physical verification of project assets.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, required.
- At minimum of five years’ work experience required in procurement, property management, and general administration, preferably with an international organization.
- Proactive approach to navigating local markets and prices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of local and overseas suppliers.
- Demonstrate experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Fluency in oral and written English, Pashto, and Dari required.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com