Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- In Burkina Faso, our client is based in Ouagadougou but is expanding its activities to the benefit of the communities & of the 5 UN regional offices in country.
- Following an evaluation mission to Burkina Faso in June 2019, our client aims notably at implementing training & explosive threat awareness sessions in the affected regions, to the benefit of the UN & humanitarian actors, as well as for field based agents from the Ministry of Security.
- CTG contracts provide increased flexibility for urgent operational deployments in remote areas where the deployment of UN personnel is not realistic, due to certain administrative requirements. Given this, PSC / Burkina Faso shall recruit a Risk Education (RE) Consultant with duty station, Ouagadougou in order to provide RE activities.
- To perform this task, the incumbent will be traveling to very remote locations in Burkina Faso, where the security clearances for extended periods of time, could be an issue & very difficult for UN staff.
- Develop a RE stakeholder mapping & needs assessment.
- Review existing weapons & explosive ordnance RE materials.
- Provide technical advice & develop RE materials tailored to IDPs, returnees, school children & conflict affected community needs in coordination with the different partners & with the designing contractor.
- Develop training plan & conduct RE training to the Commission Nationale de Lutte Contre la Prolifération des Armes Légères (CNLPAL), national CSO’s (NNGO) & others international organizations as required.
- Provide technical advice & support on the issue of risk education to key stakeholders in the regions.
- Support development of regional explosive hazard profiles to further tailoring of RE messaging by region.
- Develop plans & provide guidance for the integration of risk awareness & RE within the wider humanitarian response.
- Ensure consistency of RE messaging & increase synergies within our client & with other relevant humanitarian actors & clusters responding to the humanitarian needs, through the mine action area of responsibility.
- Develop new initiatives relevant to RE, including design of materials in cooperation with mine action & other protection actors.
- Provide relevant inputs for donor reports.
In addition to the functional responsibilities above:
- Development of a review & mapping of existing RE activities & materials including gaps.
- Development of a work plan for RE activities in Burkina Faso.
- Development of a training package to be delivered to humanitarian workers, public transport drivers, civilian’s society / associations organizations.
- This role will report to the Senior Project Coordinator & will be responsible for developing weekly, monthly & technical reports on RE as required.
- Team management is not part of this role.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in Africa (desirable).
- Key competencies:
- Advanced University Degree (master’s degree or equivalent) with 2 years of relevant experience or First Level University Degree (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) with 4 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in communication, education material development, project management or health promotion.
- 1 year of experience in RE related to explosive hazards & small arms & light weapons are required.
- Fluent in (speaking / reading / writing) in French & English is required.
- To comply with the organization’s rules & procedures.
- Identifies priority activities and assignments, adjusts priorities as required.
- Foresees risks & allows for contingencies when planning.
- Strong ability to analyse information & work under pressure.
- Speaks clearly & effectively, both orally & in writing.
- Consider all those to whom the insured services as “clients” & seeks to see things from their perspective.
- Establishes & maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust & respect.
Other relevant information:
- Candidates applying must have an internationally recognized driving license.
- Candidates applying must be physically fit & in good health.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link: