Organizational Development (OD) Manager, Global Health Training, Advisory and Support Contract (GHTASC), Washington D.C.
The purpose of the Global Health Training, Advisory, and Support Contract (GHTASC) is to advance USAID’s Bureau for Global Health’s mission by providing junior, mid-level, senior, and expert advisory and technical, administrative and operational, and training, professional development and organizational development institutional support contract services and resources. GHTASC will provide the professional services needed to support USAID’s strategic programs and collaborate with USAID offices to promote efficient and effective global health programming and operations.
**Please note: Only U.S. Citizens or U.S. permanent residents are eligible for this position
The Organizational Development (OD) Manager will oversee the OD program for USAID global health offices and teams as part of the Professional and Organizational Development (POD) team. This position will respond to OD requests from USAID clients; clarify objectives, expectations, statements of work and budgets; and work with a team to design and deliver OD activities in Washington offices and USAID overseas Missions. This position will report to the Global Health Professional and Organizational Development Director on the project.
- Provide overall leadership and direction for the OD program for offices and teams of USAID global health staff.
- Support the overall management and delivery of OD activities by:
- Ensuring compliance with POD quality standards and procedures.
- Designing and delivering OD activities, which may include team building, facilitation performance improvement, staffing assessments, or other activities.
- Working with team members to identify potential OD consultants, trainers, and facilitators to carry out OD activities.
- Developing and documenting best practices and innovations.
- Assisting in drafting documents and writing reports, as needed.
- Supporting the evaluation of OD activies.
- Manage and oversee the OD team, including OD consultants and professional coaches.
- Coach and support staff and contractors to develop OD solutions on time, within budget, and with high quality.
- Oversee, monitor and provide technical feedback on quality of all OD activities.
- Achieve program results efficiently and effectively in compliance with USAID and US Government policies and procedures.
- Collaborate closely as part of a larger team and establish and manage ongoing relationships with client staff.
- Up to 30% international travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as organizational development, instructional design, learning and development, organizational psychology, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least eight years of relevant experience in the OD field, including managing and overseeing OD programs.
- Management experience.
- Knowledge of Federal global health programming, U.S. foreign assistance programming, and international development organizations.
- Strong organizational skills and a self-starter with excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills who takes initiative and leadership.
- Strong writing skills.
- Proficiency in other languages, particularly French, a plus.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=MSI&cws=51&rid=7854