EnCompass LLC seeks an Outreach and Engagement Specialist to support a variety of communications initiatives. The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and able to coordinate multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously. The work entails managing a wide variety of tasks from staff and clients and requires flexibility and an ability to adapt to changes as they arise. The position is ideal for someone who is looking to play a key role in supporting communications and learning events.
The Outreach and Engagement Specialist will spend 50% of their time helping to grow the profile and visibility of the Global Waters Communication and Knowledge Management Program and 50% of their time supporting other technical projects at EnCompass requiring outreach and engagement support, including but not limited to supporting learning events for the EnCompass Learning Center*, and USAID’s Generating Results within Our Work (GROW) project with the Democracy, Human Rights and Governance Center*
This is a full-time position, based at EnCompass headquarters in Rockville, MD. Due to COVID-19, the position is expected to be fully remote through September 2021. Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall support to Senior Communications Specialist on communications products and services
- Design and implement communications and outreach on social media platforms and communications channels, including message and campaign development, visual design, and audience engagement
- Monitor and manage content on external communications platforms/applications as needed (ex. Flickr, MailChimp, twitter, etc.)
- Support engagement and outreach activities for global campaign days
- Coordinate and provide logistical and material support for in-person and/or virtual events and convenings
- Provide facilitation support for events (online or face-to-face)
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years’ experience or Master’s degree and 4+years’ experience. Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field preferred.
Experience and Skills
- Three to five years supporting effective outreach, communications, and KM for international development
- Experience designing and implementing communications and outreach on social media platforms, including message and campaign development, visual design, and audience engagement
- Experience coordinating in-person and/or virtual events and convenings with international development-focused thought leaders
- Experience facilitating online programs and events
- Knowledge of using analytics to report on and enhance audience engagement
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office products, databases, and email marketing platforms
- Ability to take compelling photos and develop multi-media assets including but not limited to twitter cards and video montages
- Experience in developing and launching social media profiles and campaigns
- Experience in developing email marketing communications and newsletters
- Skill in creating professional marketing materials
- Attention to detail, accuracy and strong time management skills
- Experience in formatting documents and using graphics effectively
- Success operating in a highly-collaborative team environment
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.