- Title Pacific Gender and Inclusion Senior Consultant
- Total Days 200 days
- Timeframe August 2021 – June 2022
- Location Pacific region, home-based
CARE is a leading international humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities.
About the role
The Pacific Gender and Inclusion Senior Consultant is a key member of the CARE in the Pacific team which is responsible for managing partnerships and programs in the Pacific countries where CARE does not have a country office (currently Fiji, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Samoa, Kiribati and Tuvalu).
The Pacific Gender and Inclusion Senior Consultant supports CARE’s partners and programs across the Pacific region to deliver high quality gender equality programming, including the mainstreaming of gender approaches in women’s economic empowerment, resilience and disaster response activities. This role helps to forge new partnerships, and represent CARE with diverse stakeholders, donors and in regional forums that relate to gender equality, inclusion and/or resilience.
- Provide high quality gender technical support and capacity building to CARE’s partners in the region (including training, mentoring, technical advice, joint implementation) as appropriate and as requested by partners to help integrate gender transformative approaches into programming.
- Together with other CARE in the Pacific team members, support the achievement of CARE’s deliverables for donor funded programs in the region, in particular those under the Australian Humanitarian Partnership (AHP) and Disaster Ready (DR) program portfolio by helping deliver the gender technical support requirements, and supporting aspects of program management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Coordinate the relevant gender, disability and inclusion technical support requirements of the various partners and projects across the region and resource them as appropriate.
- Represent CARE in Pacific-based AHP and DR Program meetings, including supporting partners to strengthen gender mainstreaming in their programs through the AHP DR Shared Services function.
- Participate in relevant regional gender, inclusion and resilience forums in the Pacific to advance CARE’s regional engagement priorities including advocacy, information sharing, coordination, relationship development and donor engagement (including, but not limited to, the Pacific INGO Humanitarian Network and the Pacific Humanitarian Protection Cluster).
- Help to identify and pursue new opportunities and alliances in the Pacific region where CARE can contribute to gender equality and/or resilience including brokering partnerships.
Ideally you will have:
- Post graduate qualifications in international development, gender or other relevant field and/or other relevant qualifications combined with at least 6 years of professional experience;
- Technical knowledge and experience in the implementation of transformative gender approaches, including gender and resilience, women’s voice and leadership, economic empowerment and violence prevention and humanitarian protection;
- Demonstrated experience in managing strategic regional relationships with donors and stakeholders, including coordination and sharing of information and best practice;
- Demonstrated experience in leading training, capacity building and skills-transfer on gender equality to local organisations in a range of contexts and sectors and a track record of nurturing trusting, respectful partnerships;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) in English language, including report writing;CARE Australia knowledge of a local Pacific language is desirable;
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and to organise and manage workloads to meet deadlines;
- An adaptable approach with a demonstrated ability to respond effectively and quickly to challenges, to work effectively in a small, diverse and geographically dispersed team environment with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge of the development issues and actors in the Pacific;
- Experience in program design, development and implementation is desirable;
- Willingness to travel in Fiji and the Pacific region (up to 8 weeks per year).
How to apply
After reading the Terms of Reference through the CARE Career Website,https://careaustralia.connxcareers.com/Job/Details/3fea1a9c46a2461a81ff3bb6169d4b65?isIframe=False Please submit the Expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not use the REGISTER NOW button to submit your application.
The application should include:
- statement of capability referencing the selection criteria (no more than 1 page)
- quote including daily rate
- recent CV
Pacific nationals, people with disabilities and people of diverse SOGIESC are strongly encouraged to apply for this consultancy.
Applications Close: 9.00 AM (AEST) Friday 20 August 2021.