We want you to be the voice of health and nutrition in all that we do in Papua New Guinea and the Pacific. Channel your health and nutrition expertise to the benefit of children, families and communities across the Pacific and achieve our ambition that no child should die from preventable causes before their fifth birthday.
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
We’re ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs in Australia and overseas and, if there’s a disaster – like an earthquake, drought or conflict – we are there on the ground.
Where you come in:
In this full-time position, based in Port Moresby you will influence strategic direction and ensure high quality health and nutrition programming for Save the Children across the Pacific. You will be part of our International Program Department and report to the PNG Director Program Development and Quality.
You will make an impact by:
- Delivering against our Pacific health and nutrition strategy
- Expanding the reach and improving the quality of health and nutrition programs through implementing evidence-based approaches
- Positively representing Save the Children in regional health and nutrition forums
- Providing high quality health and nutrition technical assistance to our Pacific Country Offices
- Supporting the development of long term funding opportunities for health and nutrition
Does this sound like you?
You understand how the Pacific community, through policies and programs, addresses the challenges of health and nutrition for the hardest to reach children and keep abreast of the latest innovations. Thriving in complex coordination settings, you are confident and can go between the bigger picture and finer details of delivering quality programs. Your knack with external stakeholders identifies ‘out-of-the-box’ opportunities to scale up health and nutrition programs.
This role requires:
- Advanced knowledge of public health programming, specifically in areas of nutrition
- Willing and able to travel widely in country to support field teams
- Experience managing large Health and Nutrition programs in government or international development
- Experience designing and implementing Health and Nutrition programs and projects in PNG
- Experience advocating for effective maternal child health and nutrition interventions/strategies at the national level
- Vast experience coordinating maternal child health and nutrition programs with NDOH, PHAs, NGOs, UN Agencies, institutions and development partners involved in maternal child health and nutrition programs
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same. We offer a competitive salary, a friendly and flexible work environment, and great career opportunities – both locally and internationally.
How to apply
We’d love to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume by applying through our Career Page.
Applications close Wednesday 28 July 2021
Position Description – Pacific Health and Nutrition Technical Advisor
At Save the Children, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society – in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs – and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values and we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making Save the Children a great place to work.
As part of the selection process, you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment and psychometric assessment to help us determine your suitability for the role.
Save the Children is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Save the Children Australia supports the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. If you are successful in your application, we will request consent to access HR held information pertaining to your last 5 years of employment. You can read about the Scheme and our commitment to Safeguarding here.