Doctors with Africa CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognized in Italy.
Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, CUAMM is working in Angola, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and the Central African Republic implementing healthcare projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
JOB TITLE: Paediatrician/Neonatologist
JOB LOCATION: Mozambique, Sofala Province, Beira Hospital
START DATE: December 2021
DURATION: 6-12 months
- University Degree in Medicine and Surgery with further specialisation or equivalent qualification in Paediatrics/Neonatology
- Good knowledge of written and spoken Portuguese
- Solid experience in paediatrics and neonatology
- Previous experience in paediatrics in low income countries
- Previous experience in managing health cooperation projects
The Paediatrician/Neonatologist will:
- supervise and support the quality of services provided in the Department of Pediatrics and in the city’s Health Centers, in order to decrease the rate of neonatal death-morbidity
- ensure support for the training of paramedical staff of the Department of Pediatrics
- collaborate in operational research and scientific documentation activities
How to apply
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The selection process is based on non-discrimination criteria and candidates are taken into consideration without distinction of ethnicity, gender, political orientation, religion, personal opinions, sexual orientation.
Doctors with Africa CUAMM does not tolerate any abuse, exploitation or violence against vulnerable children and adults, nor other behaviour that does not respect human dignity from its own staff, partner staff or other staff associated with the NGO.
All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to the mission and values of the organization, nondiscrimination policies and safeguarding principles.