General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
Reporting to the Partnership Coordinator, the Partnership Officer is a key role supporting GOAL Syria’s partner portfolio. With the overall aim of achieving high quality and compliant partnerships, the Partnership Officer will ensure effective sub-grants management and due diligence with partners, contributing to strong respectful and long-term working relations with partners. As part of the Partnership Department the incumbent will oversee the contractual relationship between GOAL and its partners, ensuring timely reporting to GOAL and that reports are incorporated into GOAL’s reporting to donors. S/he will also play the role as primary contact point on contractual and grants issues with partners.
Job Responsibility #1: Support Pre-award Phase
30% of Time:
- Support the Partnership Coordinator with the mapping process for selecting partners. Make sure selection process is transparent, well documented and aligned with GOAL Partnership process and procedures.
- Manage and handle the administration of pre-award due diligence processes with all new sub-awardees.
- Draft sub-award agreements and follow GOAL’s internal review process of all sub-award documentation and coordinate to get all necessary approvals.
- Develop agenda and materials for partner grant opening meetings, in coordination with support functions and program staff, to ensure projects start with clear expectations of both parties. Brief sub-award partners on agreements, as well as GOAL’s and donors’ rules and regulations, in coordination with the Compliance colleagues.
Job Responsibility #2: Sub-grants management
30% of Time:
- Support in drafting sub-grant agreements and all sub-grant agreement modifications. Act as the focal point between partners and GOAL departments for the review and approval of all such documents. Facilitate signature of agreements by GOAL and partners.
- Ensure timely liaison with the Grants Management team, finance and compliance departments to ensure that all necessary contractual documentation is in order.
- Contribute to the due diligence process for partners and other screening assessments of current and potential partners, conducted in person or remotely. Ensure that focal points are identified for Safeguarding and Data Protection.
- Keep track of all partners’ grant agreements and maintain the partners’ portion of the Grant’s Tracker.
- Participate in and support the Partnership coordinator with leading grant opening and closing review meetings with the other departments and actively follow up on outstanding partnership issues from these meetings.
- Assist partners with understanding GOAL required policies and procedures as per the sub-grant agreement and best practices (procurement, financial reporting, child safeguarding, etc.)
- Actively participate in Goal Syria Partner Task Force and Partner monthly meetings, support in taking and circulating minutes
- Be an active participant in the Partnership Department, supporting the overall outputs of the department as per requests from his/her supervisor.
Job Responsibility #3: Partner Reporting
10% of Time:
- Ensure that partners’ contractual reports are reviewed and internal feedback from program and MEAL teams is compiled and sent to partners in a timely manner.
- Work with the Grants Management team to identify needs and facilitate capacity building support for partners in report writing – both financial and narrative.
Job Responsibility #1: Proposal development
30% of Time:
- Support the communication of any new funds opportunities with partners and facilitate the information sharing between them and GOAL departments for the review and approval of any new proposals and budgets, as well as any modifications.
- Coordinate with Grants Management and Program teams to collect inputs on partners’ project proposals and work collaboratively with partners to finalize project descriptions, budgets, work plans and monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in subject relevant to position (social science, business economics, information management, project management etc), or commensurate experience.
- 2-3 years working in the NGO or similar sector, experience of working in Syria preferred.
- Experience of donor compliance and managing institutional donor funding (e.g. BHA, and ECHO would be an advantage.
- Excellent writing skills, including report writing. Experience in drafting reports for donor audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact well with people of all backgrounds.
- Turkish Nationality
- Fluency in English, both written and oral communication skills. Arabic and Turkish is a distinct advantage.
- Proactive and solutions-focused
- Proficient in MS Office application including Excel and Word.
- Enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the programme.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is : 19 May 2021.
Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment is requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please do not respect.
GOAL’ün, işe alım sürecinin (başvuru, başvuruların işlenmesi, mülakat, eğitim, oryantasyon) hiç bir aşamasında hiç bir şekilde ücret talep etmediğini, başvuru sahibine herhangi bir finansal yükümlülük yüklemediğini ya da başvuru sahibine ait banka bilgilerini talep etmediğini unutmayınız. GOAL işe alım süreci boyunca hiç bir aracı kurum ya da kuruluş yahut istihdam bürosuyla çalışmamaktadır. Eğer başvuru sırasında ya da işe alım sürecinin herhangi bir aşamasında sizden herhangi bir ücret ya da ödeme talep edilirse lütfen yanıt vermeyiniz.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.