Duty Station: Antananarivo, Madagascar/Yaoundé, Cameroon
NB: This VA is also open to both Nationals of Madagascar and Cameroon, a Madagascar National or Cameroon National selected will be contracted under a Local Individual Contractor Agreement (LICA 10).
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates with no UN or UNOPS experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of key responsibilities:
UNOPS Congo Multi-country Office (CDMCO) is based in Kinshasa and covers 11 countries, among which Madagascar. The Multi-country Office is responsible for managing the strategic and operational risks associated with part of the regional portfolio of commitments, while developing and delivering financially efficient services that contribute to sustainable results for partners and to the achievement of UNOPS managerial results. The key functions of the Partnership Development team are to develop business opportunities in the sub-region as well as to expand CDMCO’s program portfolio.
Summary of Functions:
- Partnership and programme development planning
- Develop opportunities
- Representation and inter-agency partnership
- Knowledge management and innovation
You may find more information at https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=21954
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development, Engineering, Political Science, Communications or International Relations is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development, Engineering, Political Science, Communications or International Relations with an additional two (2) years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance degree.
- PRINCE2 certification, at least at Foundation Level, or Project Management Professional (PMP) methodologies is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in either International Development and/or Partnerships Development including demonstrated experience in:
- Developing and executing partnership and programme development plans;
- Project development and proposal writing;
- Establishing partnerships with UN agencies, international development organisations, governments, foundations, international NGOs or private sector organisations is an asset.
- Project and programme management experience is an asset
- Prior experience working in international organisations, international development, post-disaster and/or emergency contexts would also be an advantage.
- Experience of Google Suite and or Web-based Management Systems is an advantage.
- Fluency in both French and English is required.