Hala Systems, Inc. is a social enterprise working to transform the nature of protection and accountability in the world’s toughest places by democratizing advanced defense, sensing, and artificial intelligence technology. Hala is currently saving lives, reducing trauma, and improving resilience for millions of people.
Our team works across the globe and hails from over 15 countries. We speak over 20 languages and have studied and worked in leading educational, business, research and government institutions. We are mission-driven thinkers, and we share a deep respect for each other and for the communities that partner with us.
We believe in innovation with purpose, focusing on developing real and applicable technology solutions to the challenges facing the planet. We believe in working ethically and collaboratively, and making decisions with transparency. We value flexibility, adaptability, and a good sense of humor.
The People Operations Coordinator is a highly valued cross-functional role reporting directly to the Director of People Operations. The People Operations Coordinator plays a meaningful role in onboarding new employees, providing general support, and ensuring the People Operations Team’s core administrative systems and processes run smoothly. The People Operations Coordinator role also involves a variety of responsibilities related to relocation of employees to Lisbon, Portugal, including visa processing, coordinating efforts with law firms and border authorities, as well as providing support to the organization’s team events and other activities for Hala’s teams.
This position is located in Lisbon, Portugal, with a salary range of 35,000€ – 50,000€. Applications will be accepted until July 9, 2021.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate and help manage the daily operational work of the People Operations Department.
- Support the People Operations teams activities related to legal matters and coordinate efforts with other departments within Hala.
- Manage and coordinate activities related to personnel files, such as: employment contracts, signatures, collection of documents, and coordinate activities related to fiscal registration in accordance with requirements from Portuguese authorities.
- Support the onboarding process for new hires, including performing pre-onboarding tasks for each hire, conducting new hire orientations, managing onboarding feedback surveys, etc.
- Manage the People Operations backlog to complete tasks such as data entry, updates and improvements to existing systems, etc.
- Handle and coordinate logistical and shipping activities to Lisbon when needed.
- Manage daily responsibilities relating to office management, such as: assisting the team with purchases related to office, onboarding and other People Operations expenses.
- Continuously ensure that Hala’s Lisbon Headquarter/office is in compliance with local regulations and standards, and that the office environment is a place where our people can come and deliver their best performance.
- Answer calls with requests regarding employee-related issues and act to resolve such issues quickly, compassionately and diligently.
- Assist team members in all matters relating to the visa process when relocating to Portugal, such as: coordinating schedules, appointments and bookings with Portuguese authorities in order to obtain a NIF, Social Security number, SNS, opening bank accounts, coordinating house search, setting up utilities etc.
- Support and coordinate activities within the People Operations Department to promote events and activities for teams as well as the whole organization.
Who you are:
- An individual with a problem-solving mindset, who has the capacity to work in a self-directed fashion, and adapt to new situations and business problems.
- A flexible and collaborative team player with a people-centric attitude.
- A resilient person, with the ability to effectively deal with continuous change and a developing organizational landscape.
- A highly organized, methodical, and detail-oriented individual who can produce consistent and accurate deliverables while dealing with a high volume of data & information.
- An individual with a natural ability to connect with people and provide guidance compassionately and empathetically. You have a keen ability to make people feel seen and heard.
- A highly ethical individual with unquestionable integrity, confidence and stature to effectively address sensitive personnel and business issues with complete discretion and confidentiality.
- Driven by improving process designs and taking ownership by offering innovative and constructive ideas to further our team’s success.
What you have:
- 2+ years of experience working in a similar role within People Operations, Office Management, or Public Relations.
- Experience working in one or more of the following fields: Technology, Administration, Hospitality, Logistics and/or Event Management.
- Experience working with logistical coordination of teams.
- Experience coordinating events, shipping & logistics.
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with cross-functional partners and stakeholders.
- Prior experience or desire to work cross-culturally, cross-functionally and collaboratively with remote and distributed teams.
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English and Portuguese.
- Strong computer skills, experience with G-suite, MS Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication and strong presentation skills.
What Hala offers you:
- Life-saving social impact.
- Competitive salaries.
- Unlimited vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it. All staff take a minimum of 22 days off plus holidays, including a mandatory 2 week vacation.
- Comprehensive, world-wide healthcare, dental and vision insurance for you and your family at no cost to you.
- Paid parental leave.
- Flexible working policy, including the ability to work from home.
- Computer and other office equipment to help you get your job done.
- Relocation assistance for you, your family, and your pets for eligible positions.
- A diverse, international community of dedicated, hardworking team players committed to interdisciplinary collaboration and a thriving workplace culture.
- Opportunities for international travel, including to program locations and satellite offices.
If there’s something important to you that isn’t on this list, please ask!
How to apply
Please submit your resume and application materials here. https://hala.link/job-people-ops-coordinator-reliefweb-apply
What happens next:
We will review applications and reach out to candidates advancing to the interview stage until July 16. You should expect a phone screen, followed by several interviews with team members and the supervisor for this role, concluding with the opportunity to speak with one of our co-founders. Prior to the final interview, we will also request references that attest to your previous experience, work ethic, and values.
You will receive a confirmation that your application was received, and you’ll also hear back from us whether you’re selected for an interview or not. Please note that we are unable to offer individualized feedback before the first interview round due to the volume of applications we receive.