Performance Monitoring Specialist
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Afghanistan, Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The project conducts third party monitoring (TPM) in the Middle East and North Africa region covering emergency assistance awards that deliver support provides life-saving humanitarian assistance—including food, water, shelter, emergency healthcare, sanitation and hygiene, and critical nutrition services.
The project also conducts data quality assessments (DQA) by employing a DQA methodology and approach as prescribed by USAID, per ADS 188.8.131.52 (Monitoring Data Quality) which has been field-tested on previous DQAs and uses the standard DQA Checklist as the USAID recommended tool. The DQA checklist is complemented by the project’s DQA interview guide – adjusted for the needs of the USAID and BHA programs. The DQA approach, instruments, presentation and reporting templates will be shared with the successful candidate for this consultancy.
**Please note: Only US citizens are eligible for this position
The Performance Monitoring Specialist will work with the technical team in completing the scheduled third-party monitoring (TPM) assignments, end of the year crosscutting and lessons learned reporting, and data quality assessments (DQA). The Performance Monitoring Specialist will conduct the second round of annual DQAs of a sample of fifteen USAID and Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) awards and award indicators. The DQA will be implemented by examining the systems and approaches for collecting data, from the sampled implementing partners (IP). This position will work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) and the Deputy Chiefs of Party (DCOP). The estimated period of performance is August 2021 to September 2021 with 44 days of Level of Effort (LOE).
- Conduct technical reviews of data analysis plans and preliminary data analyses
- Conduct the technical review on key findings and TPM assignments
- Provide technical drafting support for two semiannual cross-cutting and lessons learned reports
- Conduct desk review, including USAID project and IP activity reports, monitor evaluation and learning plans and previous DQA reports
- Set up approaches to integrate Collaborating, Learning and Adaptation (CLA)
- Provide mentorship to build expertise on conducting DQAs with the local project team
- Lead selected interviews with IP offices to interview staff and review documentation
- Review DQA checklists for indicators and IP and write summaries with findings and recommendations
- Contribute to drafting the final DQA reports summarizing DQA activities and synthesis of cross cutting findings, recommendations, lessons learned and/or eventual success stories in accordance with USAID and the project’s templates
- Ensure that all final products meet high quality standards and client requirements
- Prepare and deliver debriefing presentations during and on completion of DQA field activities
- Meet with IPs to discuss findings of DQA report, after the exercise is completed
- Master’s degree in a related field is required
- At minimum eight years of experience in development sector required
- At minimum five years of direct work with USAID Performance Management systems
- Previous experience in conducting TPMs and reporting on key monitoring findings
- Previous experience conducting USAID data quality assessments, including site visits for activity verification and data reviews
- Strong understanding of USAID performance management standards and guidelines including ADS 184.108.40.206 (Monitoring Data Quality) and related guidance documents is required
- Flexibility and ability to work well under pressure, dealing with competing priorities, in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in multidisciplinary teams needed
- Strong reporting-writing skills required
- Fluency in oral and written English is required
- Fluency in oral and written Arabic language skills are preferred
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com