Doctors with Africa CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognized in Italy.
Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, CUAMM is working in Angola, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and the Central African Republic implementing healthcare projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
JOB TITLE: PH Nurse – Project Manager
JOB LOCATION: Ethiopia, Jinka and Turmi
START DATE: October/November 2021**DURATION:** 12 months
- Degree in Nursing; further Master or Diploma in Public Health will be considered an asset
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Experience in the PH field in low income countries; professional experience in the African context and coordinating PH activities will be considered an asset
- Experience in managing health cooperation projects
- Adaptability to work and live in rural area
The PM is responsible for the implementation of a project on maternal and child health and for the management of human-financial and material resources of the project.
As a Public Health expert, the nurse is called to:
- coordinate public health activities in the area of intervention, including the supervision of peripheral centers and the training of local staff
- provide technical assistance and support to local health authorities
- coordinate the project staff working in the field, in Turmi CEmONC center and in Jinka Hospital
- collaborate in the process of improving data collection and analysis
How to apply
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The selection process is based on non-discrimination criteria and candidates are taken into consideration without distinction of ethnicity, gender, political orientation, religion, personal opinions, sexual orientation.
Doctors with Africa CUAMM does not tolerate any abuse, exploitation or violence against vulnerable children and adults, nor other behaviour that does not respect human dignity from its own staff, partner staff or other staff associated with the NGO.
All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to the mission and values of the organization, nondiscrimination policies and safeguarding principles.