Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can defeat poverty or any type of inequality or discrimination. We are an international confederation of 19 organisations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries. All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here. https://www.oxfamnovib.nl/donors-partners/about-oxfam/our-story
Deadline for Applications:6 April 2021 (midnight, CET)
Unit:GREEN/Climate Resilient Communities
Duty Station:The Hague, The Netherlands
Working Hours:FTE 0.89
This position lies in Oxfam Novib’s GREEN CRC team (Climate Resilient Communities), and contributes
to Oxfam Novib’s GREEN program strategy. Under the GREEN strategy, Oxfam Novib aims to contribute to thriving, climate resilient rural communities that realise their rights and manage natural resources sustainably. We work with smallholder communities to transform food and farming systems, and influence governments and private sector to adopt policies and practices that promote food security and climate resilience for all.
Result Areas and Key Deliverables
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing effective on-the-ground projects that focus on the livelihoods and land-use of smallholders and that provide a basis for our influencing strategies. Tasks include:
- To lead and/or contribute to the development of program strategies on rural livelihoods and climate resilience, and translate these into innovative, high quality grant proposals towards private and public donors, in coordination with Oxfam country offices, national partners and allies.
- To contribute to start-up, realisation, monitoring and reporting of projects, and the documentation of project knowledge and track records for future program development, institutional fundraising and/ or innovation purposes.
- To provide targeted technical support to Oxfam country teams regarding climate resilience and rural development, contributing to the voice/agency of small-holders, and using landscape approaches to promote sustainable natural resource management.
- To keep abreast of relevant literature and to engage in debates and networks with relevant stakeholders, positioning Oxfam Novib as a thought leader in the field of climate resilient communities.
Requires Skills and Experience
The person we’re looking for is a climate adaptation expert with experience in the fields of agro-ecology and natural resource management, landscape approaches and/or market systems. A creative and entrepreneurial thinker, with a clear understanding of how evidence-based influencing and community level work can be mutually supportive. A team worker with experience in multi-disciplinary teams around the world. You have:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant area of expertise,
- At least 3 years of work experience in the field of climate change adaptation and/or rural development, preferably in Africa and/or Asia,
- Profound technical or methodological understanding of one or more of the sub-thematic areas (agroecology, natural resource management, landscape approaches, markets systems approach).
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English, French and preferably Dutch,
- Leadership and facilitation skills in co-creation of project proposals with cross-country teams and alliances
- A track record of project/proposal development, fund-raising and project management,
- Strong networking skills, and a relevant network with civil servants, politicians, private sector parties, media and other advocacy actors. A network with donor agencies and knowledge of the Oxfam confederation will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, prioritize, meet deadlines, and hold self and others to account.
How to apply
- You can apply by clicking this link. https://career2.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=8261&company=OxfamNovibP
- If you have any questions about the job description, please contact Gerard Steehouwer at Gerard.Steehouwer@oxfamnovib.nl
- If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Anjulee Ghurburn at Anjulee.Ghurburn@oxfamnovib.nl
- Only applications submitted before the closing date and through our recruitment portal will be considered.