Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (AMELA),
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Afghanistan, Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: **
The purpose of AMELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services and assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan. AMELA also aims to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID, Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position
The Procurement Assistant will contribute to the success of the Project and to ensure smooth procurement and operations of the project. The Procurement Assistant reports directly to the Operations Director and works cooperatively with the other AMELA Staff to contribute to the success of the AMELA project. The Procurement Assistant also works in close collaboration with the Senior Procurement and Compliance Officer. This is a Long-Term Technical Assistance (LTTA) position.
- Perform full life cycle procurement functions for fixed price contracts, lease agreements, delivery orders, purchase orders, and other agreements for MSI field office.
- Ensure transparency and best value during procurement process in accordance with MSI procurement policies and procedures.
- Create Purchase Requisition Forms and Purchase Orders for approval.
- Obtain competitive bids and quotations for all major and bulk purchases and produce price analysis summary sheet for the approval of the team member in charge.
- Produce standard procurement plans for day-to-day regular and routine purchase, e.g., office and cleaning supplies.
- Review incoming requisition documents to ensure they adequately reflect the requirements and comply with rules and regulations of MSI procurement policy.
- Prepare required documents for Request for Quotations (RFQ) in accordance with MSI procurement policies and procedures.
- Control the flow of information from the Office to the offering community during the bids and quotation’s preparation stage.
- Ensure that all requirements of full and open competition are met and that the integrity of the procurement process is upheld.
- Provide all required notifications to unsuccessful bidders and offers.
- Maintaining filing systems and database for procurement related work.
- Create and maintain a staff travel tracker.
- Oversee the traveling schedules and verify the authorizations required for all travel i.e. including visas work permits and other immigration requirements for international staff.
- Process domestic travel requests and maintain supporting documentation for all trips.
- Verify supporting documentation for travel expense reports.
- Support reconciliation of travel advances and expense reports as needed.
- Work directly with travel agents and United Nations Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS) to arrange and manage domestic air travel.
- Handle processing of all visa applications work permits and other immigration requirements.
- Manage the renewal of project vehicle license renewals.
- Coordinate with Finance Department to reconcile personal travel costs of staff.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with MSI AMELA domestic travel policy.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required.
- At minimum three years’ work experience in procurement, property management and general administration, preferably with an international organization.
- Ability to have a proactive approach to local markets and prices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of local and overseas suppliers.
- Demonstrable experience using MS Office applications.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Fluency in written and oral Dari is required.
- Fluency in written and oral Pashto is required.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com