Reporting to Regional Director
Purpose of the position:
The Procurement Coordinator will be responsible for making timely and cost-effective procurement decisions for goods and services that secure value for the organization. S/he will work with Departments to come up with procurement plans, identify, communicate and negotiate with suppliers while setting up deliveries and payment schedules for proactive program support to meet project needs and requirements in compliance to Donor requirements and Feed the Children’s policies & procedures as stipulated in the Procurement Manual.
· Ensuring Quality assurance of goods and services procured for use in the organization.
· Give guidance on Budgeting contributions by ensuring departments capture realistic market prices during budgeting process
· Responsible for overseeing all unit staff under you train, delegate and guide them
· Carry out systematic research and market survey to be abreast with modern market intelligence
· Develop and implement standards for continuous review supplier performance
· Ensure Supply Chain management remains fully interlinked avoiding any systematic trouble shooting
· Maintain organization inventory (Assets register) ensuring all movable assets whose value is above USD 500 are captured
· Oversee timely tracking of departmental requests, purchases, receive timely systematic feedback on their requests through the document tracker
· Manage and guide the team on risk analysis of contract conditions and commercial implications on terms agreed with clients/suppliers
· Responsible for coordinating Tendering committee and offering policy and technical advice on all tendering procedures
· Drive accountability in all procurement procedures in line with the PPOA and relevant operating policy standards and procedures.
· Plan and coordinate section meetings to review procurement recommendations
· Manage and guide the performance of the team in the Procurement section
· Promote FEED Mission, values, strategy, and policies in accordance with internal management.
· Plus any other related duties as will be assigned by the supervisor
· Responsible for the process of generating purchase requests and orders for all FEED goods and services
· Delivering cost effective bargains for the organization
· Projecting stock levels guided by the stores management database system
· Reviewing supplier tenders and Bids
· Regular update of the prequalified supplier database and ensure onboarding/offboarding follows due process
· Manage the procurement supplier relationships and contracts for the organization
· Develop sourcing strategies especially in favor of go green and sustainable procurement processes
· Participate in preparing supplier contract terms of sales and risk analysis
· Custodian of accurate supplier records
· Should be Organized, Time conscious and Resourceful Personality with an eye for detail
· Possess relevant Analytical, Critical and strategic thinking skills
· Ability to Negotiate and network in favor of the organization
· Good understanding of Local Purchasing Order system and related software
· High Ethical and Integrity standards of operation
· Excellent Interpersonal, communication and Leadership skills
· Focused on Managing Performance
· Energetic and Self- motivated can work with minimum supervision
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of Supplies management /Procurement/ (Masters preferred).
· Minimum 4 yrs. NGO experience with preferably 2years in an International NGO setting.
· Excellent Computer skills (Microsoft office).
· Experience in handling donor funded Supplies/Procurement.
· Excellent knowledge of stores management and warehousing.
· Knowledge of the Public Procurement and Oversight Authority procedures (PPOA)
· Knowledge and understanding of local market and pricing systems
· Good report writing and presentation skills
· Membership with KISM, CIPS or other relevant associations in Supplies Management.
· Ability to abide and promote FEED Ethos and Strategy
How to apply
If you meet the requirements of the above position, please send your application letter, detailed CV, phone and email contacts of three (3) references to the hr-assistant-Kenya@feedthechildren.org or HR-Kenya@feedthechildren.org by 10th July 2021
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Feed the Children is an Equal opportunity employer