Chemonics seeks a procurement specialist for the Serbia Energy Security Project. This five-year program will support a variety of approaches to build the capacity of energy-sector stakeholders, most notably the Ministry of Mining and Energy (MoME) and local governments, to develop transparent regulatory frameworks, tariff methodologies, and improvements in the operations of energy companies. This position will be based in Serbia. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Grants making – supervise the development and revision of the grants-making annual work plan. The procurement specialist ensures that activities and deliverables related to grants are achieved on schedule, in accordance with approved specifications and within the allocated budget. Oversees and ensures compliance of activity fund with USAID rules and regulations and Chemonics’ policies
- Compliance – ensure that all contract-specific grants and subcontract related regulatory requirements and procurement regulatory requirements are met in accordance with the contract terms
- Needs assessment – participate and assist in assessing the training, technical assistance, financial management, and commodity needs of potential grantees, and establish controls for expenditures and reporting on use of funds related to these needs
- Subcontractor/grantee monitoring – liaise with and provide the necessary assistance to other advisors and the chief of party on issues related to the development, refinement, production, data management, and monitoring of an administrative system to track the activities and performance of public health organizations who receive grants under the project as well as subcontractors working under the contract
- Supervises bookkeeper and procurement assistant
- Reports to chief of party
- Five (5) years or more hands-on work experience with USAID financed projects with special emphasis on subcontracting and/or grants-making
- Programmatic expertise in designing, developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating technical interventions at the project level
- Administrative experience in designing and implementing operational systems that are streamlined, protect against waste, fraud and abuse and are user-friendly
- Ability to solve complex technical, managerial, or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings
- Direct field-based experience supervising procurement and project compliance with USAID’s rules, regulations, and ethical conduct policies
- Strong management and leadership skills; knowledge of human resources policies and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Procurement Specialist” in the subject line to recruitSE@chemonics.com by June 28, 2021. No telephone inquiries please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.