World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As Procurement Specialist, WV Sudan, you will ensure sound and qualitative supply chain management for infrastructure construction process and goods and supply chain for the project in compliance with KfW procurement requirements. You will be expected to provide effective team leadership to co-workers and to ensure effective accountability including reporting to the donor and World Vision..
- A Graduate Master degree from recognized University in thematic areas with relevance for the Project.
- Master degree or Bachelor with equivalent experiences in Procurements and Supply Chain management, contract management and other related sectors.
- Profound experience in procurement, project and contract management,(experience with Works contracts is a definite asset).
- At least 10 years of post-qualification experience in procurement and contract management in similar projects at international and/or national level, preferably gained in a fragile context in Sub-Saharan Africa in the areas of infrastructures management.
- At least 7 years of post-qualification experience in procurement of engineering works in an international development work environment, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English; knowledge of Arabic; is advantageous.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 30% of the time.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 29 JUN 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.