CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
Location: Washington DC
GS: 7 Equivalency
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
In order to fully evaluate your eligibility, your resume must include relevant paid and non-paid experience showing dates held with month, year and hours worked per week for each position.
The Program Assistant position, located with USAID’s Bureau for Global Health, Office of Population and Reproductive Health, Service Delivery Improvement Division (GH/PRH/SDI), provides support to a diverse group of technical staff, performing a variety of both complex and routine administrative and analytical duties. These duties range from administrative tasks, such as scheduling meetings and presentations and maintaining program files, to more complex analytical tasks, such as collecting, compiling, and analyzing data for various program documents and designing and maintaining spreadsheets in support of financial tracking systems. The Program Assistant ranks tasks in order of importance and impending deadlines, and handles several tasks simultaneously. The incumbent must develop a working knowledge of USAID policies and guidelines, as well as corporate practices and procedures. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dut y satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Project/Program Tracking, Data Analysis & Documentation: Assist in researching, identifying, analyzing, updating program and technical information.
- Prepares quarterly accrual reports for projects for A/COR review and approval.
- Schedules regular and ad hoc management and technical meetings for the Division and project management teams, which includes reserving conference rooms or other appropriate facilities, preparing agendas, notifying participants, setting up equipment and assembling background and informational materials.
Assists in the preparation of various program documents and correspondence, such as activity authorization documents, action memos and waivers, ensuring that all documentation is complete and in compliance with USAID rules, regulations and standards.
Budget & Field Support Tracking: Assist in budget preparation and tracking Mission field support levels for each GH project.
Assists in the preparation of Division’s materials for annual results review, financial review and budget request.
Backstop & Field Support: Assist Technical office staff in supporting field as necessary, travel to USAID missions as necessary, track, oversee, coordinate, and report on field support.
- Collects and makes arrangements for distribution of material to USAID Missions, USAID/W offices, host country institutions, cooperating agencies and others.
Assists with backstopping for other members of the project management teams during TDY, leave or other absence, including vacancies.
Control & Filing/Library Maintenance: Assist in maintaining filing system, including records retirement for GH offices, both paper and electronically.
- Records, files and distributes notes from various Division and project management team meetings.
Backstops the Administrative Assistant (AA) to maintain address, telephone and visitors lists.
Program Document Preparation & Presentations: Assist in development of program documents, such as waivers, authorization documents, action memos, congressional notifications, and power point presentations.
- Designs and updates spreadsheets, flyers and other documents.
- Participates in the presentation of project financial information during annual PRH financial review and budget request.
Stays up-to-date with government and Agency rules and regulations in areas that affect project management, such as changes in procurement processes.
Portfolio Review Support: Schedule and organize program, portfolio and strategic objective reviews.
- Assists with the organization of annual Project Management Reviews by scheduling the meeting and drafting the follow-up memo.
Responds to routine requests for information from the GH, PRH, Office of Policy, Program and Planning (P3), Office of Acquisitions and Assistance (OAA), and others.
Management Systems Support: Assist with maintaining databases and spreadsheets for program and budget tracking.
- Updates and tracks project ceiling data against field support and core obligations.
- Maintains and provides assistance with administrative and financial tracking systems, and assists in the design and maintenance of spreadsheets and databases to support these systems.
- Backstops the AA to maintain and update Division work plan, travel plan, SDI travel/leave matrix and other Division management documents.
Maintains program database, tracking and entering all project modifications and informing project management teams of updates.
Program File Management: Assist with monitoring, updating, and retiring Bureau and office files, both paper and electronically.
- Monitors field support database and informs project management teams of updates.
- Drafts and circulates program communications, such as cables, memoranda, and letters that seek approval or request information relative to project matters.
- Arranges pre-clearance for, receives and announces visitors.
- Establishes, maintains and initiates the retirement of project files according to regulatory guidelines.
Schedule Meetings (Technical & Program Related): Within assigned office/division schedule/track technical meetings and special events.
- Assists in planning retreats, in-house technical meetings and other functions. Assists in long-term Division strategizing and goal setting.
- Assists team members with various tasks and meetings related to their technical specialties.
- Works with USAID staff on general management-related activities.
Conference & Event Planning: Assist in conference and event planning and logistical support.
- Makes photocopies, sends faxes and emails, and performs other routine office duties on an ad hoc basis.
- Collects and compiles data for use in regular and ad hoc reporting on the status of projects from various sources, such as cooperating agency reports, USAID reports and documents, and technical staff. Ensures that schedules and deadlines are met.
- Participates in regular management and technical meetings with project management teams and implementing partners.
- Compliance with Policy, Law and Regulation: Employee demonstrates compliance with safety regulations, rules of conduct, other applicable laws and regulations and company policies.
- Creativity: Employee takes initiative to propose new ideas/approaches, and demonstrates ability to find new and better ways to accomplish work.
- Customer Service: Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
- Initiative: Employee is willing to seek out new assignments and undertake additional duties on his/her own, when appropriate.
- Interpersonal Relationship: Employee demonstrates ability to work in cooperation with others and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, subordinates, clients and other outside contacts.
- Job Knowledge: Employee has demonstrated levels of theoretical and/or technical and /or practical knowledge appropriate to his/her current position. Demonstrates understanding of elements of job and provides practical solutions to work problems.
- Judgment: Employee demonstrates ability to exercise good judgment and make appropriate decisions as situations arise.
- Productivity: Employee demonstrates ability to produce significant amounts of work efficiently and within the time-periods specified.
- Punctuality: Employee demonstrates ability to arrive to work on time, observe prescribed break/meal periods, and maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Quality of Work: Ability to produce work that is accurate, thorough and neat. Pays attention to detail. Demonstrates organizational & planning skills. Work product is meticulous and complete.
- Reliability: Employee demonstrates ability to complete assigned tasks and conduct necessary follow up independently.
- Qualification at the GS-7 equivalent Program Assistant level requires an associate’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Alternatively, an individual may qualify at the GS-7 equivalent Program Assistant level with a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
- Requires proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, internet and email applications, including Google documents.
- Experience in the use of database applications is recommended.
- Oral and written communications skills and the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to reports and financial tracking systems. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Flexibility and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time is required.
- U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain a facility access clearance are required
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award.
CAMRIS International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.camris.com. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award.