Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence– We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom– We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency– We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Program Associate is the entry level position for program work at IRI and provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs in Southeast Asia and the Pacific Islands.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field
- 0-1 years of experience in international development or related field
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Prior experience in administration, procurement, and/or finance preferred
- International experience preferred
- Experience and/or interest in Southeast Asia and/or the Pacific Islands preferred
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Tracks and follows-up on pending procurement requests, approvals and monitoring once approved, including processing payments
- Compiles and facilitates submission of contract packages, including assisting in drafting contracts when appropriate
- Assists in monitoring project spending and projecting costs
- Assists in drafting quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for funders
- Edits and summarizes weekly reports for internal and funder audiences
- Updates program databases, contract trackers, etc.
- Compiles briefing materials for trainers
- Maintains project site and documents
- Provides logistical support for meetings and events
- Assists with program monitoring and evaluation (M&E), including participating in regular M&E calls, tracking compliance with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan, and identifying where adjustments need to be made
- Participates in program design and strategy brainstorming sessions
- Participates in business development, such as in writing proposal portions and drafting budgets
- Supports IRI’s communication strategy including IRI’s branding and outreach plans on projects assigned, including drafts and updates program summaries and other outreach materials, drafts web stories, tweets, etc.
- Participates in cross functional teams and initiatives (optional)
- Performs other duties as assigned
How to apply
Please send both resume and cover letter to company website: Program Associate – Southeast Asia & the Pacific Islands | Job Opportunities (ultipro.com)