TERMS OF REFERENCE (TDR)
VACANCY OPENING FOR THE POSITION OF:
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND GRANT SPECIALIST
Organization: War Child (WC)
Position: Fixed-term labor contract
Vacancy numbers: 1
Date: June 2021
War Child believes that no child should be part of War. Never. War Child works exclusively to improve the resilience and well-being of children living with violence and armed conflict. We empower children in everything we do. We work to unleash your inner strength through our creative and engaging approach. We offer child protection, education and psychosocial support. We are present in countries where violence and armed conflict are a fact of life for children and young people. We work together with caregivers and communities as well as other NGOs to strengthen the resilience and psychosocial well-being of children affected by conflict.
War Child has been working in Colombia since 2006 in both urban and rural areas. It implements programs in the areas of protection, education and psychosocial support, aimed at improving the well-being of children and young people and promoting their resilience. Children and youth are at the center of our interventions: they are at the forefront to identify the main risks that threaten their safety, as well as to decide on the actions that will lead to the mitigation or elimination of these risks. WC currently implements 6 projects, either by direct implementation and/or in partnership with local organizations in Bogota, La Guajira, Putumayo and Choco.
War Child (WC) is hiring a Program Development and Grant Specialist to lead the development of new proposals, proposal and reporting writing and grant administration.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The Program Development and Grant Specialist (PDGS) is responsible for program development aligned with War Child (WC)´s strategy focusing on Child Protection, Psychosocial Support and Education with a specific interest in youth and children. The job holder is also responsible for identifying grant opportunities, writing concept notes and proposals in Spanish and English as well as grant administration, grant compliance and internal and external report writing.
The job holder will contribute to the implementation of the county strategy and annual plan.
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
Job holder will work in close collaboration with the Country Director, Programs and Operation Departments; additionally, support is provided to the job holder by the global technical and grant specialists. The job holder acts as Focal Point for WC Colombia on grant management related subjects within War Child globally and as such participates in meetings with the global Program Partnership and Grants department.
Type of contract: Fixed-term labor contract for 6 months with potential renewal in 2022. This contract includes all the legal benefits of the law.
Day: Full time
Workplace: Bogotá with availability to travel to project sites and abroad.
Duration: July to December 31, 2021 with the possibility of renewal **
Salary range: Beginning COP$ 6,000,000 It will be defined according to the candidate’s demonstrated experience**
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
• Develop sound and creative concept notes and project proposals aligned with WC´s global strategy, WC Colombia´s country strategy, and trends within the sector in close collaboration with the Program Department.
• Identify grant opportunities (including donor mapping).
• Develop resource mobilization strategy.
• Write proposals in English and Spanish, ensuring alignment with donor formats and requirements.
• Coordinate the entire proposal writing process and ensures timely submission including internal review and approval Write of reports to donors and stakeholders based on information provided by the country team.
• Administer and manage opportunities and grants in War Child’s grant management system
• Ensure compliance with donor contracts and requirements and maintain grant related documentation according to WC policies.
• Support Country Director and Program Development and Quality Manager with networking and building of partnerships.
PROFILE AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, or similar field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience fundraising with institutional donors, writing concept notes and grant proposals preferably with the European Commission and US Government.
- Knowledge of Child Protection, Psycho-social Support and Education programming and proposal development, experience in youth programming is a plus.
- Understanding of the policies of the Colombian government and the institutions committed to responding to issues of protection, psychosocial and education support in the framework of armed conflict and migration.
- Demonstrated donor expertise (donor contracts and related regulations and procedures).
- Proven understanding of the Colombian and preferably the regional context, especially the situation of children and youth affected by the Venezuela crisis, urban violence and armed conflict
- Good knowledge regarding current developments and trends in the international cooperation sector (humanitarian aid or development).
- Ability to communicate and write in English and Spanish is a must.
- Good relation building skills, diplomatic skills and strong in building and maintaining networks
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills
- Strategic and academic thinking
- Flexible and timely
- Demonstrates cultural and organisational sensitivity;
- Team player;
- Result-oriented and determination;
- Cost aware and stress resistant;
- Willing and able to travel to War Child programming areas
How to apply
Interested applicants who march the profile are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a letter of motivation with the salary aspiration in English by June 20, 2021 to the following link: https://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/job/190750 (CV may not exceed 3 pages).
English test and a technical test is part of the selection procedure.
Start of employment contract: July 2021
Note 1: The applicant applying to this call authorizes War Child in Colombia to validate the personal information provided in the resume. Your identification will be verified in public and private databases with the exclusive use of validating information, in accordance with our anti-fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing policies.