Position: Programme Development and Grants Management Intern
Location: Amman (Jordan) or Remote
Reports to: Grants Manager (or Programme Director in the absence of the Grants Manager)
Duration: 3 months
Start Date: asap
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four members of the RI Alliance in the USA, UK, France, and Belgium. Under our alliance agreement, we operate under a single, shared management structure with one CEO and one Board of Directors.
RI is seeking for a motivated person to support across the RI program portfolio in Jordan. The Programme Development and Grants Management Intern will be responsible to support the Programme Team in the development of high quality and timely proposals and donor reports as well as supporting on specific grants management tasks (e.g. coordinate grants reviews, project kick offs, close outs, etc). The Programme Development and Grants Management Intern will ensure that information and data from the RI country office is captured, documented, analyzed and reported in a results-based and timely manner for donors and internal purposes for RI. This includes, but is not limited to, support in the coordination of proposals and reports, editing and English language review, organizing grants review meetings and project kick offs.
- Support the Programme Director in the coordination of proposal development process by creating proposal calendars, following up with all relevant staff members to receive timely inputs;
- Act as focal point for coordination with Regional and HQ Offices during the proposal development process;
- Support the Programme Director and Grants Manager in donor and opportunities mapping;
- Other duties as needed to support Grants Management task
Reporting and Grants Management:
- Coordinate the reporting processes with internal teams, allocating clear timelines and inputs from focal points;
- Maintain up to date Reporting Tracker and share regularly with all teams;
- Provide high-quality editing and formatting for program related documents intended for external audiences, including but not limited to assessment reports, communication materials, sit reps, and donor reports;
- Take meeting minutes and summarize action plans, before validation by line manager;
- Maintain and update the program documentation archiving system in collaboration with other departments;
- Support program staff in organizing and managing grants review meetings, project kickoff and close out, workshops or trainings as required;
- Other duties as needed to support Grants Management task.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelors (Masters preferred) in International Development, Middle East Studies, Social Sciences or related field in alignment with the relief and development sectors;
- Some experiences in report writing, proposal development and program experience in the INGO/humanitarian field is a plus;
- Familiarity with regulations, rules and guidelines of key institutional donors is desirable; OR a strong ability to learn fast.
- Experience in communication, reporting, documentation, publication in relation to the INGO/humanitarian sector is desirable;
- Work experience or strong demonstrated interest in the Middle East;
- Excellent written and spoken English skills with advanced proofreading and copyediting skills is a must;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently;
- Sociable with a good sense of humor;
- Ability to adapt to different cultures;
- Curious and eager to learn.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Relief International is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Relief International (RI) is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to RI’s Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct e-learning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
How to apply
- To apply for this post, click on https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=RI&cws=4…
- You will be asked to upload a CV and Cover Letter. The cover letter should be no more than 2 pages long and explain why you are interested in this post with Relief International and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
Closing date. Please apply immediately we will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis, therefore may withdraw the position for the job board closing date.
Due to limited resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note to external agencies, we will not be accepting CVs from third parties.
Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Recruitment to all roles in Relief International include a criminal records self-declaration, references and other pre-employment checks, which may include police and qualifications checks.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Relief International is committed to diversity and gender equality, we strongly encourage applicants from the global south and female candidates to apply.