Vacancy Code: BO-IQ-PR0507
Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian aids to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to respond to the needs and basic requirements of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic living standards to the affected population by delivering humanitarian aid based on the needs.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Field Program Development Coordinator identifies potential partners from government agencies, INGOs, and corporations to increase the financial and operational growth of the organization. He/she is mandated to support donors’ relations and overall networking efforts as well as contributing to partnerships development and quality.
· Contribute to networking and profile management efforts at HQ and field level
· Effectively and tactfully represent and present the organization at donors and partners meeting
· Conduct actor mapping to identify (potential) donors and their strategies in regard to NES in coordination with Program Team.
· Perform relevant research to identify available grant and partnership opportunities.
· Contribute to the fund-raising endeavors in coordination with Program Team.
· Support in the proposal writing process.
· Support in monitoring and communicating program quality to donors in coordination with Program Team.
· Lead on development of public documents, i.e situation reports, press releases etc.
· Promote organizational reputation by developing success stories and social media content.
· Choose different outreach strategies to inform and update donors and the international community about Bahar’s activities and humanitarian trends in NES
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION/S AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, media, international development, Humanitarian Action, Disaster Management, or another relevant field. Master’s degree is desirable.
- Minimum of two years relevant work experience in program/partnership or grants coordination in humanitarian aid/international development.
- Proven track record in identifying, creating and capitalizing on institutional funding opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in representing a non-profit organization and building personal and professional networks at a senior level.
- Good understanding of program and operational management processes.
- Good understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development.
- Experience in engaging with a growing team of different backgrounds and expertise.
- Extensive experience working in an international and cross-cultural context.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written (including negotiation and presentation skills).
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Settled character with ability to cope with stressful, delicate, and possibly dangerous situations.
- Fluent in English; Arabic is a plus.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply by completing the form in the following link:
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.