All Hands and Hearts is a disaster relief nonprofit. Our program bases are located in the communities we serve, and staff members live in communal environments. Understand your responsibility for the safety of yourself and for those around you. Make yourself aware of, and comply with all safety protocols (including COVID-19), which may differ between locations, based on local risk assessment and local regulations.
Vaccination is required in all in-person work environments including program bases, offices, and team meetings. We will always provide an option for travel-exempt folks to join these meetings and events virtually, to ensure we are providing an inclusive and accessible environment for people who are unvaccinated, vaccinated and at high risk, or avoiding in person events out of concern for others in their circle.
The start date for this position is ASAP.
To us, diversity is acknowledgment, promotion, and celebration of our differences and similarities. All racial identities, ethnicities, sexes, nationalities, gender identities and expressions, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, ages, spiritualities (or lack thereof), points of view, and socioeconomic statuses can fit in with us.
Through our stance on diversity, we unite individuals from around the world and serve communities affected by disasters with purpose. Response, recovery, resilience and renewal are why we exist—yet, it’s respect for humanity that drives us forward every day.
Everyone is welcome.
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides relief to survivors of natural disasters. The position is full time responsible for the overall management and strategic development of the program to ensure efficient and effective delivery of the projects.
Compensation & Benefits
- Pay rate is $17.20/ hour and up, based on position, skills and experience
- Room & Board included
- Monthly R&R breaks
- Health Insurance
- 401K with safe harbor match
- Reports to Recovery Manager
- Roles reporting to position Project Manager, Operations Manager
- Approximate number of reports 2
- Responsible for the successful operation and completion of the program as a whole
- Ensure the overall budget and timeline compliance of the program
- Onboard and manage an effective staff team to meet the specific needs of the affected communities
- Responsible for making sure AHAH and program’s rules are followed and performing disciplinary processes, if needed.
- Empower staff and volunteers to carry out work effectively and efficiently
- Support operations team to deliver their specific operational and project targets within approved timeline and budget
- Maintain, develop, and promote safe working practices including risk assessments, preventative measures to address hazards and threats, contingency plans, and resources to support safe operations, i.e. medical and emergency services
- Ensure program tracking systems are updated while overseeing delivery of weekly and monthly reporting for all aspects of the program
- Collaborate with local partners to create partnerships in support of the program
- Attend Long Term Recovery Group (LTRG) meetings and National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) calls where appropriate and communicate information that may affect the organization and our operations to the appropriate manager
- Provide communications on the programs performance and escalate issues to the appropriate parties when necessary
- We understand vaccination is the best way to protect our beneficiaries, community members, staff and volunteers, therefore we require all of our on program staff members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To be considered for this position you must be fully vaccinated. Subject to applicable guidance, the term fully vaccinated currently refers to when an individual has received either a single-shot vaccine or both doses of a two-shot vaccine, and two weeks have elapsed since the final dose.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Is this position responsible for the operating budget of the associated department? Yes
- Does this position have any other financial responsibilities? Yes
- Education Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Related Experience A minimum of two years’ experience working in a disaster response context, preferably with AHAH. At least one year of experience in a role with project management and budget tracking and reporting. Management experience in a professional setting.
- Special Competencies/Certifications Must be legally eligible to work in the US. Good written and oral communication skills and confident working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. Applicants need to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Work Environment/Conditions Communal living environment; High-stress situations.
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.
How to apply
Please apply on our website.