Catholic Relief Services a Development Organization is seeking qualified, experienced, and highly motivated Program Manager I who will manage programming in Cameroon for EMPOWER-WCA, implementing activities in line with the program plan which advance Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that EMPOWER-WCA delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming, with a lasting impact on leadership capacity among LHAs in country. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
The position is based in YAOUNDE/Cameroon
· Under the guidance of the EMPOWER-WCA PM II, manage and implement all activities throughout relevant project cycles – project design, start-up, implementation, and close-out – to ensure efficient and effective implementation in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. Ensure in-country project and partner staff use the appropriate systems and tools.
· Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
· Lead barrier analysis during start-up, through support from the HRD MEAL TA, and participate in EMPOWER-WCA development of barrier analysis report and proposed action plan.
· Champion learning with LHA project participants. Analyze and evaluate project performance data following MEAL policy. Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
· Using EMPOWER-WCA tools, coordinate the identification of LHA project participants and lead them in self-assessment exercises.
· Based on LHA assessment results, develop plans to provide support through workshops, training and accompaniment to achieve lasting impact. Liaise with EMPOWER-WCA team, country program and HRD technical advisors for support on specific topics. Work with local partners to revisit and adjust capacity building plans as needed.
· Serve as the in-country lead for the EMPOWER-WCA advocacy efforts related to LHA leadership within humanitarian coordination forums.
· Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to project needs. Through planning and oversight, ensure efficient use of project resources.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or related field required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
· Minimum of three years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating or managing light to moderately complex projects required, preferably with an international NGO.
· Experience collaborating or working with local humanitarian actors, with specific experience strengthening the capacity of local/national organizations a plus.
· Understanding of the humanitarian coordination system**
· Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
· Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
· Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
· Independent work ethic and ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports.
· Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
· Knowledge of and/or experience using adult learning approaches
· Project management experience in emergency programming or capacity strengthening is highly desirable.
· Experience working with humanitarian coordination forums and ability to lead advocacy efforts within these forums.
· MEAL skills and experience preferred.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Required Travel: Must be willing and able to travel up to 40% within country required as needed, with some international travel possible for attendance at program-related meetings and workshops.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply
Application files including Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forwarded to:
The Resident Representative
PO Box 1851, Yaoundé – Cameroon or by email to: email@example.com specifying “**Program Manager I, EMPOWER-WCA “**in the e-mail subject line
Closing date: August 31st, 2021, at 4 pm
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
This position is a local position and only open for National Cameroonians in country.
Females’ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.**By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that this organization requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the agency Safeguarding Policy**