Preemptive Love is a global community of peacemakers working to end war and stop the spread of violence. We do this by living and working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence, jobs for displaced families, and community building.
About the team
The Programs Team is comprised of a group of diverse individuals who are passionate about reaching and listening to those who are most in need. As our work takes us to the front lines of crises, we are accustomed to facing obstacles and quickly identifying ways around them. We value the different experiences and perspectives of our team, which we believe enhances the way we carry out our projects and our impact.
Job Title: Program Officer (Syria)
Hours: Full time/Contract
Contract Type: 3 month contract with potential to extend
Location: Syria (Idlib, Hama, or Aleppo)
Reports to: The Program Officer will report to Relief Program Manager
About the Role
Everything should be conducted to improve the Preemptive Love brand by being both useful to our audience and relevant to our mission. Each word we share publicly is a contribution to our organizational experience—our brand. We strive to be known for our professionalism, generosity, transparency, insightfulness, friendliness, fairness, humility, and of course, for great content. The Program Officer is no exception. We want to engage our donors, decision-makers, and influencers, with emotive stories that illustrate program impact. We want our funders to be able to effectively communicate with their stakeholders how they contribute to our impact.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluate and report on ongoing programs;
- Cultivate relationship and trust through regular communication with the program manager;
- Collect, write, document, and organize data, including budgets, media, and field reports to maintain quality programming;
- Verbally present project updates to the team and answer questions;
- Evaluate and create weekly and quarterly written program impact reports, and presentations;
- Make recommendations on relationships and programming opportunities with local partners, while communicating all the needs and the problems with transparency to management;
- Making regular visits to projects locations in the area;
- Consult with the line manager and any stakeholder regarding planning, approvals, and execution;
- Perform other duties as assigned;
- Assist to launch new opportunities or exit strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Proven experience in Program impact reporting;
- Proficiency level written/reading/spoken Arabic;
- Proficiency level written/reading/spoken English;
- Ability to travel frequently to project locations in Idlib and the surrounding areas;
- Experience working with and on behalf of communities facing hardships;
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work on a fast timeline and on highly variable topics;
- Team player with highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to represent PLC to multiple constituents, from diverse backgrounds, in multiple contexts;
- Proven track record working with little oversight, is self-motivated, flexible, and maintains a positive attitude;
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to work and be managed remotely;
- A willingness to travel to and through potentially dangerous areas. Ability to travel is essential;
- Willingness to work in a challenging environment is required;
- Excellent attention to details and ability to deliver timely and accurately;
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Familiarity with project management software (i.e. Salesforce)
- Proficient in a wide range of IT applications (i.e. Google Suite)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information.
How to apply
Please apply here