WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
WFP Khujand Field Office oversees programme activities in the Sughd region, including school meals programme and emergency preparedness and response activities.
The incumbent is responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. S/he works under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.
Based in Khujand, the incumbent reports to the Programme Associate of the Khujand Field Office, with an overall supervision by the Head of Field Office in Khujand.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority)
- Perform specialized and/or standardised processes and activities within the specific technical area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide project management and/or general office support following established targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making.
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. food security and vulnerability assessments) following corporate standards and guidelines.
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Support communication and activities, including the launch of new activities, with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance, as well as for outsourced monitoring activities where necessary.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Perform other duties as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Good interpersonal skill, sound judgement, ability to extract, interpret, analyse and resolve operational problems;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, strong trouble-shooting and communication skills;
- Ability to interpret and analyse a wide variety of programme issues and statistical information for further production of accurate and precise records;
- Ability to work hard and effectively in emergency situations and under the pressure; strong organizational skills to keep and implement several tasks as per identified priorities.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school education. University degree in relevant field is desirable.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in programme, out of which at least one year in implementation of projects working in the private business sector, government agencies, UN, non-profit national or international organizations. A focus on social and education sphere will be considered as an asset;
- Experience in liaison with national counterparts such as local authorities, state agencies and ministries;
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relations with counterparts and staff within the office and external stakeholders, including NGO partners, other UN agencies and/or private businesses;
- Ability to plan and organize work, resourcefulness, initiative and problem-solving skills.
LANGUAGE: Fluency (level C) in English, and Tajik or Russian. Fluency in both Tajik and Russian is an advantage.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract: Service Contract (SC)
Duration of Contract: 12 months (with possible extension)
Duty Station: Khujand, Tajikistan
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
8 July 2021
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete their applications on-line on WFP website on the following link.
Applicants will have to register and create on-line CVs to be able to apply. Hard copies of CVs or applications through e-mail will not be accepted. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information.
The deadline for submission of applications is 8 July 2021.
Female candidates and individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.