The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Niamey, Niger.
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is implementing a 36-month humanitarian project financed by the German Ministry of foreign affairs in Niger, Mali and Burkina Faso. Covering over 37,000 people, the project seeks to provide emergency support to internally displaced people, refugees, returnees, and host community members through critical interventions in food security and livelihoods, Nutrition and WASH activities.
As Programme Coordinator – Sahel Emergency Programme you will be responsible for assuring project implementation with a common aproach by all countries, including MEAL activities. Furthermore you will ensure coherent and timely quality implementation and reporting of project activities according to Welthungerhilfe standards and donor requirements.
- Expenditure forecasts planning, budget monitoring as well as consolidated financial reporting in line with donor and Welthungerhilfe regulations
- Organizing regular coordination meetings with focal points based in Burkina Faso, Mali, and Niger and assuring that tasks and responsibilities of Sahel Coordination Team members are clear and transparent to all country offices
- Coordinating the collection, study and compilation of lessons learned and good practices in the projects
- Ensuring project quality and progress through analysis of monthly/quartely indicators and progress monitoring as well as situation reports and regular interaction with Country Offices
- Assuring implementation of mainstreaming measures aas well as standard vulnerability criteria and guidelines for beneficiary targetingby all countries in a uniform and coherent approach
- A university or polytechnic degree Social Science, Finance/Administration, International Development or another job-relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in international Project Management with Multi Sector approach (food security, livelihood, nutrition & WASH)
- Profound experience in coordination at consortium level and in emergency refugee project management
- Experience with budget control and institutional donors experience, ideally with German donors
- Willingness to travel to remote areas with volatile security settings
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and French, German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
**Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 22, 2021 by following this link. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.